Chapter 11

*Kaden's Pov*

"Mornin' mate!" I exclaim cheerfully as I walk into the cafe the next morning.

I had Quinn take off from work because of his friend going missing.

Today it was just me and Pony, well, and my Koala, Buster.

I had called Mina asking if I could bring Buster to work since it was just me and Pony, plus we had to close that night so I didn't want to leave him alone the entire day.

"Good morning Kaden!" Ms. Ashido happily exclaims and I grin.

"Morning Ms. Ashido!" I exclaim happily.

"Kaden Just call me Mina! I don't mind..." she whines out and I nod.

"Alright, Mina anyways thank you for letting me bring my Koala." I respond and I hear her gasp when she sees Buster clinging to my back.

"Is this Buster?" she asks and I nod.

"I can't thank you enough for letting me bring him to work today." I state rubbing the back of my head and she nods.

"Of course! I mean it's only you and Pony so it's gonna be a late night." She states matter-of-factly.

Suddenly the bell rings and I hear a squeal.

"Omg Kaden is that Buster!?!?" I hear Pony's excited squealing and I turn around sheepishly rubbing the back of my head.

"Yeah, Mina said I could bring him in today since it's just us." I say and she squeals again grabbing my arm and dragging me into the kitchen.

"Can he hang out back here with me?" she asks using puppy dog eyes, and I swear something in my chest moves.

"Sure, I don't mind if he hangs out back here!" I mutter sheepishly, picking Buster up and sitting him down on a counter.

I watch as she happily begins playing with Buster and I could watch this all day.

"Well imma head to the front and wait for customers or something." I break the silence after a few minutes of watching her and Buster play.

"Oh... Ok..." She replies and I quickly walk out into the front behind the counter.

After a few minutes, the bell rings and I look up to see a little old lady walk in.

"G'day ma'am, what can I get for you?" I chirp out and watch as she looks up at me and points to the blueberry muffin sign in the case.

"Ah, lovely taste ma'am." I respond, getting her the muffin.

She slides the money on the counter and I look at the case.

"That was the last one..." I mutter and turn to head toward the back of the cafe.

"Pony, we need Blueberry muffins..." I state and look to see an amazing sight.

Buster was covered in flour, but that wasn't the best sight.

It was Pony, she had flour all over her face and she was giggling while mixing some sort of batter.

They haven't noticed me yet.

Maybe I can sit for a few and just observe.

I get lost in thought while watching them.

All sorts of feelings swirl in my head and chest.

I swore to myself that I'd never feel like this again...

I mean I have all sorts of tricks to not fall for someone...