Chapter 8

*Quinns Pov*

I wake up and look around to see the sun filtering through Yuga's blinds, I notice Yuga asleep on the opposite end of the couch from me and I carefully get up trying not to wake him.

I remember the events of the night before and I sigh, thinking about the fact that luckily I have the day off from work.

"I hope that weird ass chick leaves me alone today..." I mutter to myself heading upstairs.

As soon as I step foot on the top stair I get a sudden chill, and suddenly feel on edge.

I immediately start to question why I'm getting this feeling.

When did I ever feel like this?

The answer was never.

I always felt at ease while I was staying at Yuga's house, and always felt safe.

But now, all of a sudden it feels like the house is crawling with shadows.

My eyes go wide as something flies towards me out of nowhere and slams into the wall, cracking the drywall.

"Whoa!" I gasp as I turn to see what just happened.

"What the hell?" I walk over to inspect the damage.

It looks like whatever it was hit straight into the wall, which would make sense because there are no windows nearby.

I take a closer look at the crack and I can't help but notice the outline of something small.

"Well shit." I say under my breath.

"This is new," I mutter as I bend down to grab the object.

I pick it up and hold it to the light, and I gasp.

What I'm holding is a knife...

But it's not any ordinary knife.

I have seen this kind of knife before...

But where?

I close my eyes and try to recall everything I know about knives and how they are made.

I've only ever had one encounter with a knife, and that was when I was young enough to still be living with my parents.

I remember my dad was drinking and he took it upon himself to show off his macho man skills by taking the carving knife and stabbing the air to scare me.

After that, I don't even want to think about knives for the fact that my father had murdered my mother with one as well.

Looking at the knife I see a little clip at the handle, I push it and am shocked when the blade detaches from the handle and something falls out.

I look curiously as I see a little folded-up piece of paper with something poking out from the side.

Quickly I unfold the paper and a little locket falls out.

Wait a minute...

I know exactly what this locket is.

I open it to see a picture of me and...

"Himiko...?" I ask myself aloud clutching the locket in my fist and looking around.

Then I remember the note and quickly open it, seeing the words

'remember me?' written on the paper.

I look at the bottom of the paper and see 'From Pizza Girl'

My heart skips a beat as I realize who this is from.