Chapter 4

I am walking through the halls of my childhood home.

There are boxes everywhere and there's a moving truck outside.

I look around confused as I see I am now in my old room.

"You're not leaving are you?" I hear a soft voice, and I quickly wheel around only to see the crying face of Himiko.

She looks at me, her hazel eyes glowing faintly.

"I- Himiko..." I trail off looking down.

"Don't leave..." I look back up to see her staring at me with a lifeless look in her eyes.

"I'm sorry- I have no choice..." I clench my fist looking down with tears pooling in my eyes.

"I CAN'T LOSE YOU TOO!" I hear her shout, as I am suddenly pushed backward.

My back hits a wall, and I look up to see her face close to mine.

"Don't make this harder than it already is...'' I quietly mutter, and all of a sudden my face is met with a sharp sting, causing my head to snap to the side.

Rubbing my cheek I look forwards and my eyes widen at the new sight of my father standing in front of me.

"Watch your tone young man!" he yells out and I glare at him.

"Leave me the hell alone," I utter angrily.

His eyes narrow and he backhands me, knocking me to the ground.

I tightly shut my eyes to stop myself from crying.

"The amount of disrespect you show is disgusting..." I hear my dad mutter.

Clenching my fists I sniffle.

I open my eyes and see that I am alone.

Looking around I notice that I am my younger self.

"Hello?..." I call out quietly.

"Michio... my love you need help, let me help you..." I hear mothers soft voice, causing me to perk up.

"There is nothing you can do Kaiya." I hear my father's stern voice reply and silence settles for a moment.

"If you won't get help, then it's over, I can't do this anymore..." I hear my mother speak, and I peek around the corner.

I watch my father quickly grab her wrist as she tries to walk away.

"You aren't going anywhere Kaiya..." he warns and she yelps.

"M-Michio... you're hurting me!" I watch my mother struggle to get away.

I try to yell at him to stop but nothing happens, my father sees me and slams the door in my face.

I stand there in silence when suddenly I hear a blood-curdling scream.

I quickly turn around and start running towards where I hear the scream.

The scene changes once again and I am standing in the kitchen of our house in the US.

I see my mother's lifeless body in a pool of her own blood in front of me, and standing over it is my father.

He is covered in blood glaring down at her body.

"Fucking bitch... maybe now you will learn..." he turns and walks off and I stand there tears pooling in my eyes.

"Mom...?" I call out and I hear no response.

I slowly walk to her side looking at her.

"Mom... wake up..." I softly nudge her, and I see her face.