Chapter 2: Don't leave me

After everything that happened in school I decide to go to the park. I don't know what I'm gonna tell my mother. She's so gonna kill me!

I sit on the bench in the park and start crying my heart out again.

Why is this happening to me? Maybe I really deserve to be hurt like my mother says. Maybe I am a failure.

It's something around 11 am, since I got the chance to attend to only one lesson. I was so happy for this weekend and now I'm not even sure if I'll be alive on Monday. It's good I have my brother, I'm sure he'll understand the pack wasn't mine. He knows me well and knows that I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't start smoking. Maybe I'm not taking the best care of my mental health, but when it comes to physical health I really try.

Well, excepting eating. I do try to eat but it feels like with every bite of the food, I wanna throw up even more. I always end up puking after eating the whole meal.

I don't have any other idea, but to call Theo. He's the only one that could actually help. Gladly, he didn't have to go to school today, because of some exams, that older students were supposed to write.

(on the phone call)

T-Theo?

Hey, Tessie. Why are you crying? What happened?

I-I. Theo, I can't. I can't breathe

What? Tess, sweets, where are you? Don't you have lessons?

I-in the park. In the park near my school.

I'm freaking out, Theo. I- I can't breathe.

Wait right there. I'm coming to help you.

YO, JAKE. CAN YOU DRIVE ME TO RIVERSIDE? BROTHER, I'M BEGGING YOU!

Okay, it's okay Tessie. Just do as I say. I want you to start breathing slowly. In... and out.

Theo, I fucked everything up. I feel like my whole body is melting right now. I just want to c-cry everything out, but it hurts s-so badly.

No, no, no you didn't fuck anything up! I don't know what happened yet, but I'm sure you didn't, Tessie.

Hey, rockstar. Do as I say. Breathe with me. Ready? In..1,2,3 and out...1,2,3.

Thank you, T.

He lives in San Bernardino, so it takes him around 15/20 minutes to get to Riverside, where I live.

My breathing is still kinda labored and uneven, making it impossible to catch my breath, but Theo keeps telling me to breathe in and out. It's actually helpful.

The fact that he is on his way makes me feel a little better, but not enough to calm me down.

He's been on the call with me through the whole way here. I see him running towards me as fast as he can and that's when I get up from the bench and run into his arms. I melt into his embrace easily. I wrap my arms around his torso and snuggle into him desperately needing this. Suddenly, I feel all of the bad thoughts, entering my mind and few tears slip down my cheeks.

"Hey, you're okay" he softly coos, hearing me sniffle

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry" I mumble, a bit muffled by his shoulder

"It's okay, Tessie. I've got you now" he reassures me, hugging me even tighter "Why don't we go to my house and you tell me what happened?" he asks and I nod in a response