Chapter 10: Feeling better

Yesterday, I had to call my boss and tell him I'm not able to get on set, because 'I'm sick'. Tessie's well being was way more important for me. Luckily, he's a great man and had no problem with that. He told me to stay home also today so my health doesn't get worse. They'd just shoot scenes without me this day.

Luckily, we have only few scenes left to shoot with Wanda Maximoff character. It's from 3 to 5 days of shooting and we're done with the movie. Then I'm gonna have a lot of time to spend with my kid.

I'm happy I can stay home with Tessie today, but unfortunately tomorrow I'll have to go to my work. I got an idea tho. Maybe Theo could get here and stay with his best friend when I'm gone. I'm sure Tessie will be more than happy to see him. In my opinion, him being here will improve her health. At least I hope so.

If my girl feels better today, I'm gonna remind her of calling her brother. He needs to now she's alive and well. Um, at least physically.

Tessie and I wake up at 9am. We stay in bed for about 20 minutes, cuddling. That's very cute. I'm already enjoying discovering those new "mother things". I really can't wait to become a mom. I'm happy Tessie already feels safe with me. I mean Theo said that, but he knows his best friend so I guess she does feel that way.

I think I'll call my lawyer today to ask about the adoption. I have no damn idea how we'll get it done. I don't know how it works. I've never adopted a child. Firstly, we'll have to give notice to the police, but we need to make everything quick so Tessie doesn't go to the orphanage.

"Good morning, sleepyhead" I speak in my morning, raspy voice

"Hi" she responds, opening her beautiful, hazel eyes

"Do you wanna get up or still sleep?"

"Let me just lie here a little longer" she whispers

"Okay. I'm gonna get up and make some breakfast" I tell her and she nods

I'm about to make some breakfast, but also I wanna call Theo. I want to surprise Tessie. I leave the room and call the boy in the kitchen.

(on the phone call)

Good morning Theo!

Hi Lizzie! How's Tessie?

She's alright. Half-sleeping at the moment. I wanted to ask you something.

Go on.

Would you want to go to LA? Like today? I can come pick you up. I have to go to work tomorrow and I don't want to leave Tessie alone. I thought it'd be a great idea to let her see you. She misses you. A lot.

Uh- oh dear. I have school, but I'd really want to. Especially, when she's during her episode.

I completely forgot about school, oh gosh. Okay, that's fine. Don't worry. Maybe I'll ask one of my friends to come and watch her.

Oh my god. She'll be so anxious. Especially now. You know what, I'll ask my dad if I could skip school. She's more important to me. She's like my little sister, you know? I'll let you know when I ask him. Give me 15 mins and I'll text you. Bye.

Okay. Bye for now.

(end of the phone call)

Theo's right. I can't ask one of my friends to come and watch her if she doesn't know them. I can't stress her even more.

I start making the breakfast and I notice Tessie walking in.

"Hi, sweetheart"