Chapter 12: My family

Everything happened so quickly. I don't even know how it came out of me. I just said "mom" and everything stopped. Lizzie stopped tickling us, Theo was confused. He looked- mad.

I thought Lizzie was gonna be mad as well, but a smile appeared on her face. I guess it made her more happy then angry like I thought she'd get.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner, Tessie?" Theo asks

"I uhm- I was scared, you'd be mad"

"Sis, I'm super happy for you! I can't believe Wanda Maximoff will be your mom! What the hell?!" he laughs and hugs me

Oh god. What a relief.

"Now, let's get some breakfast, shall we?" Lizzie offers

"Yes!" we both respond

Lizzie makes us those delicious French Toasts that people in movies always eat. They're so yummy.

"So guys, I gotta go to work today. I hope you'll both be fine. I gonna be back at 5pm or so!"

"Okay! We'll be fine" I come up and hug her for a goodbye

Lizzie hugs me back and kisses my head. It's sweet. I think I'm slowly getting used to things like that. I never experienced those before. Nobody would kiss my head, stroke my hair, hold me in their arms.

Malcolm isn't really that type. He's sweet, but more with words, than physical touch. Maybe that's why I'm such a broken child now. It's not his fault though, I know. It's my mother whom I blame...or myself 'cause I'm so unloveable.

"Oh and the house keys are left in this small, wooden bowl on the kitchen counter in case you wanted to go out or something, but please if you'll want to go somewhere - don't go anywhere far. Just around here. Around the block"

Time flies by as we watch Disney movies, chat about everything and nothing, eat and just chill. When I'm around Theo, I feel so safe and normal. Almost as if it's only me and him in the entire universe. I love the fact that I forget I'm different when I'm around him. By different I mean sick. Like the freak, the outcast. It's good to have somebody being one as well as a friend.

"Tessie"

"Mhm?"

"I have to tell you something. It's important" Theo states and sits up on the couch, stopping the movie

"Damn man. It's not scary or sad or anything, right?" I ask sitting up as well

"Nooo. It's something about me"

"Well, okay then, tell me" I take a sip of my juice

"Shit, that's stressful" he nervously laughs "I've been feeling this way for a long, long time. I never knew what it was, but now I do. I'm not attracted to girls. I'm gay, Tess"

"Oh my god, Theo, I'm so happy for you!" I jump to hug him "I knew it"

"What!" he pulls back for a second

"Yeaah. It's visible, dude" I giggle

"You little shit!" he takes a pillow and hits me in the face

"Oh you don't wanna start that!" I take one as well and wait with it, giving him the last chance

"Hell yeah I do!"

The pillow war starts. The snacks and drinks on the table get almost smashed. It's his fault!

He hit me in the face and I didn't know where I was hitting him!

Suddenly, my vision lands outside the window. Is this- no way! It's snowing!