Chapter 14: I see the blank

Lizzie's pov:

I notice Tessie falling to the ground when I'm shooting my scene. Everybody looks in her way as I run to help her. She passed out.

"Call 911!" Scarlett shouts

"Tessie, baby" I hold her in my arms "How could I let this happen?!" I keep repeating

Few tears slip from my eyes as I stroke her cheek.

"Lizzie, get changed. We're gonna end those scenes tomorrow. Don't worry, it's okay" my director tells me

I do as he tells me. He's right. I should be with my daughter now. The scenes aren't as important as this. The ambulance gets here quickly and we're on our way to the hospital.

Tessie's pov:

Back in black. I remember the darkness overtaking. I see the blank.

I stare at the demons inside of my head. Are they real?

Once somebody told me "if you'll look in the face of evil, the evil's gonna look right back at you", they're right. The demons stare back. They stare back. Their stare is telling me "you've lost". Good. I'm too weak to fight. I'm not as strong as I used to be. Powerful - not anymore.

The pain is like a coldness spreading everywhere - in my entire body. I could feel my brain getting numb. My lungs running out of air. My guts are getting poisoned.

Now, I feel the heat suffocating me. The demons continue to whisper some things into my ears. Everything hurts.

"Tessie, sweetie" I hear an extremely muffled voice coming from the real world

It's like I'm under water or in another world where nobody sees the real me. I'm the only one to know who I am.

Don't kill me. I didn't do anything.

That's exactly the point. You didn't do anything, Tessa. You just wander around fucking up people's lives, tryna convince yourself that you're so cool and so funny.

No, Tessa. Wake the fuck up.

I feel my eyes slowly opening to the view of Lizzie sitting worried next to me.

Where the fuck am I? Is this hospital?

"Lizzie?"

"Yes, it's me, sweetie" she holds my hand and gently rubs my knuckles "I'm here"

"What did I do? What happened?" I ask, slightly shifting in the hospital bed

"Don't blame yourself. You passed out"

"What...where's Theo?"

"In the corridor with Scarlett. I can get him here if you want" she asks, holding in hand her phone, ready to text him

"uh- okay" I say in a weak voice

Theo rushes into the room and immediately runs up to me, saying:

"I was so scared, Tessie" he tears up

I swear, it's so strange to see your friend crying. Theo doesn't cry often, though he's a total soft boy. He tries to pretend he's this- tough man, but the truth is completely the opposite. He's vulnerable.

Theo would always tell me that it's a bad thing, but to me - it's more than beautiful. Being vulnerable is a strength, it's beauty.

"I can't lose you" he adds and softly smiles through his tears

"Get some rest now, baby. We'll go home soon" Lizzie tells me softly. I close my eyes and soon drift off to sleep again.

I open my eyes and see all the colors. Even those, that aren't real. They were like- new colors? I feel them. I sense the red making me feel like the devil's inside me or the green making me feel like I am the universe; the nature, the space - it all.