Chapter 11: How happiness feels like

Tessa's pov:

I cannot believe Lizzie somehow brought Theo here. She must've get his number when I told her to call him.

"How in the world?!" I scream happily and get off of him

"Well, miracles do happen I guess" he laughs "and I wanted to ask, why didn't you tell me you're friends with the famous Elizabeth Olsen?!"

"I didn't know Elizabeth Olsen was famous!!"

We spend some time on chatting and enjoying the moment. Theo's like super excited about meeting Lizzie and finally hanging out with me. I still haven't told him about her adopting me though.

I'm slightly afraid of doing so. What if he doesn't like that idea? What if he doesn't like the fact that I won't be living where I was living before?

Lately, I've been feeling so foggy. Like my brain is refusing to work normally. Once I act like a normal girl, then I'm crying all the time like some baby. It's confusing and annoying, because I don't know why am I like that.

And trust me, I'm so happy that I'll become Lizzie's daughter; that maybe finally I'll experience some love, but I'm scared. Scared I'll screw something up. That I'll scream at Lizzie like I screamed at Theo before the shit started happening. I'm not counting in meeting Lizzie of course. By shit I mean me getting expelled, my brother going away, mother overdosing.

Damn. Sometimes my life sounds like a hell traumatizing book. I think the chapter name for now would be "Confused". Cause for real, I don't know anything at this point. Everything is sooo weird. Few days ago, I was mentally dying in a met 2 weeks ago person's bed, now that person is about to become my mom.

It's currently 10pm. Lizzie went to her room and gave us the time to catch up. Theo and I are lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling waiting for one of us to start the conversation.

We just lay there numbly for a long time not saying a word. Just silence. So many things happened that I don't think I know where to start.

"So, what happened?" Theo asks sadly

"You already know" I answer

"No. I asked you...what happened?" he repeats

"It was early. I was thirsty and forgot to put myself a glass of water before I went to sleep. So I went downstairs. The TV was on. She was laying on the couch numbly" I say referring to my mother "I went to the kitchen to make tea. I spoke to her and she wasn't answering. It was funny then. I was thinking how am I gonna spend the next few years with her if she's ignoring me like that? I walked to her, noticed the pills, checked the pulse. And just like that I realized she was dead" I explain

I feel the warm tear running down my cheek.

Yes, my mother was a bitch, but she was a human-being. She was my blood. More like, I'm her blood. And she's gone.

The fact that a human dies scares me. Maybe that's why I hate hearing about the war, how beautiful people are and how they died there. How they fought for us so we could be free, could live like normal people.

Jeez. I don't wanna think about it. It makes me cry even more.

"She's dead, Theo. Dead!" I yell turning my head to look at him

"Oh, Tessie..." he cups my face and wipes my tears

Theo brings me closer to him and holds me in his arms.

"A-and it was all my fault" I speak between my sobs

"Hey, look at me" he stares at my eyes deep "it was never your fault. You were and still are just a child"