Prologue - 1: Scrambled Code

It's almost time...

The Neo World Program is ready and we're almost ready to start it, I look around and much to my surprise, Makoto, Kyoko and Byakuya are no where to be seen, not even Toko, Hiro or Sayaka.

"Well... no one's around..." I briefly stare at the programming settings for the Neo World Program...

"Ah what the heck, What's the worse that could happen if I make a few modifications..."

I start playing around with the code in the Neo World Program but in the middle of it...

"ARIA!"

I flinch from my name being called out and I look up to see Byakuya's angry glare... that's never a good sign when he's actually mad.

"B-B-Byakuya! Wh-Where-" He immediately cut me off though...

"What was you doing just now!"

"It uh... was only a few...modifications.." A sheepish smile was plastered on my face, and then Makoto and Kyoko entered.

"What's going on in here?" The Hopeful Luckster asked

"I think Aria has messed up something with the code" Byakuya formally stated.

"May I take a look?" The Purple Detective questioned.

And so Kyoko analysed the program very carefully, she gave a sigh of relief.

"Okay so good news, none of the avatars or AI's were affected by anything, but the bad news, some parts of the Jabberwock Island simulator changed slightly."

I asked her in curiosity, "What changed?"

"I have no idea what changed, but I can say that the First and Central Islands are safe."

"Then why don't we ask Alter Ego?" Makoto suggested.

"Good idea, he might have more a clue..." Byakuya adjusted his glasses.

Moments later the four of us booted up Alter Ego.

"Hey Alter Ego, I might've accidentally changed something in the Simulator, could you please check what changed for us?"

"Indeed I'll have a check, but you really shouldn't mess with code Aria remember what happened between you Taka and Hifumi?"

"Don't remind me! I would've died if I listened to that note."

I remembered that painful memory during the Killing School Life, the fact that I were targeted was not great for my psyche.

"Okay, I've found out!, turns out that all that's changed on the other Island's is the weather, thankfully the weather appears to be safe."

"Well that's a relief." Makoto sighed

"Okay so now that's sorted out we can finally-"

"Not so fast Aria!" Byakuya suddenly interjected.

"You need to be taught a lesson."

"Wha- But what's my Punishment?"

They were silent for a few moments, until Kyoko broke that silence.

"You will take part in the Neo World Program."

"Excuse Me!?" I snapped back

"You mean your gonna treat me like a Despair?! Are you going to wipe my memories aswell?!"

"No, cause if we did you would have no idea why you would be on the island in the first place, instead your going to be an observer." Kyoko explained

"Ah so like Usami and the Chiaki AI?" Makoto suddenly asked

"Indeed! We luckily have a spare capsule you can use to get in."

We then spent the next few minutes getting the Participation Capsule ready and hooking it up to the Neo World Program.

"Okay then... I'm going in, let Chiaki and Usami know I'm coming, I want to talk to them first before we send anyone else in." I ordered

"WAIT! Aria before you go, take this in the virtual world with you." Kyoko then handed me what appeared to be...

"An E-Handbook?"

"It's more than just a handbook, it's the E-Handbook Deluxe." She stated

"From what I heard from Kyoko developing it..." Byakuya started

"It can do a lot of things the normal one's can't" as he finished that sentence.

"So basically you have special permission.' Makoto concluded.

I then got in the capsule as Makoto, Kyoko and Byakuya looked down upon me.

"Okay you three, fire it up! And wish me luck!"

And then my vision went black.

...

...

When I gained consciousness again, I found myself in the Void with nothing but a door there, I must be in the simulation now. I think to myself.

I go up to the door and open it.

And sure enough I find myself in the Classroom where the class is supposed to meet.

"You must be Aria correct?" I hear a feminine voice to the left of me.

"Yeah that's me" I then introduce myself to her.

"I'm Aria Adabat, The Ultimate Vocalist it's nice to meet you.

Uncommon Soul

Aria Adabat

Ultimate Vocalist

"...Yep, oh yeah...Introductions... I almost forgot..."

The girl was lost in thought for a bit before gathering them.

"I'm Chiaki Nanami, The Ultimate Gamer Video Games are my hobby, and I'm a fan of all genres... Nice to meet you.'

The Gamer Queen

Chiaki Nanami

Ultimate Gamer

"Actually, is Usami also here? I want to talk to her aswell" I asked her.

And right on cue...

"Ha-wa-wa! You're here too Aria?"

Magical Miracle Girl ⭐ Usami

Usami

Teacher of Hope

"Yes I'm here, I presume both of you were told that I would be joining the Heart Throbbing School Trip?"

"Yeah we were both told you were coming, and they also told us why..." Chiaki started.

"You really shouldn't mess with code to something important Aria what would've happened if something happened to one of the Remnants?" Usami suddenly asked

"...So could you please tell me what I have to do?"

"Yes, you and Chiaki need to observe the well being of everyone else, whilst you also fit in so no one draws suspicion, also I'll prepare your cottage and E-Handbook" Usami explained

"No need for the Handbook Usami, Kyoko already gave me a special E-Handbook, it can do more than everyone else's so think of it as "Special Permission" I reassured her.

"Okay then, I'll hide behind the Teacher's Desk and I'll let everyone else in, good luck you two." And then Usami disappeared.

"You ready Aria?" Chiaki asks.

"Absolutely, get ready Class 77-B"

"Because Now, The Ultimate Vocalist Returns!"