Chapter One

Val's POV:

I have spent every night, thinking about what Shane said. I mean could it even be true maybe, but I've never been one to trust what Shane Walsh says, I've known the guy since Rick became friends with him and from day one, I told my brother that I don't trust Shane and honestly never will, that is unless he can prove to me otherwise which if you ask me, I don't believe it will ever happen. 

Okay, so that was a lie. Shane and I have always been on and off relationship wise since I could remember, and every single time I go crawling back to him, like nothing ever happened.

**

I woke up that morning, with his arm around me. He promised me, that he would never hurt me again when I finally told him I was willing for us to be a thing again. It was never going to be anything official. Not yet. Not until he proved his words meant something more than just lies he was spilling to me. Am I stupid enough to believe he really does love me and that we could truly work after all this time maybe, but it will be my fault if I get hurt again.

I sat up, then turning to get up from the cot, when he pulled back up against him. "Where do you think you're going?" He questioned me, with a smirk on his face.

"I was just going outside to see what chores are needed to be done," I replied with a smile, going to get up again.

"oh no you don't!" He exclaimed, pulling me back towards him, this time getting on top of me so I wouldn't try to get up again, tickling me. "okay, okay! Stop it! You win!" I laughed out to of defeat.

"you bet I win," He remarked, before planting kisses all over me, starting from my lips trailing down my stomach, then my inner thighs. I knew what was about come next.

**

When I finally got up, I walked out of Shane's tent and went straight to carl to check on him. Some of the group wasn't here meaning that they must've already left to go on the run into the city. "hey bud," I greeted as I walked up to my nephew. "Aunt Val!" Carl cheered, as he ran up to me engulfing me in a hug, then immediately running back to a little girl named Sophia. I took that as a sign to go find something else to do, seeing as carl was already distracted.

A voice came over the radio, saying that they were going into the city, Amy and Shane tried to warn whoever it was, but it was useless considering the connection wasn't strong enough. 

Lori being Lori stormed off after hearing what Shane had to say about her idea of putting a sign up to warn those of the dangers that lie within the city, I agreed with her idea, but I can also understand why Shane doesn't want anyone to do it. I even suggested that I would do it, but Shane shut that down the moment I tried to suggest it.

**

Later in the day, I went looking for Lori after Amy had told me she went off to get some mushrooms, so I decided to go find her and see if she wanted some help, I wasn't doing a whole lot and since I couldn't find Shane anywhere, I decided why the hell not. It didn't take me too long to find her with Shane on top of her. 

I felt my heart sink down into my stomach, tears started to form, a couple escaping and ran down my face. I wanted to say something, but I couldn't gather my thoughts enough to do so, so instead I ran back to camp like a heartbroken teenage girl out of a sappy romcom movie. The tears just streaming down my face.

**

The day went on as usual, while everyone waited for the others to get back. It was taking them a little longer than what it should have, but I trusted that they would be back before nightfall. I sat next to Shane as he cleaned his rifle acting like I didn't witness him screwing my sister in law earlier, while Lori was attempting to cut Carl's hair while he kept squirming around.

Although I was fully trained hairdresser, literally owned my own salon Lori still insisted that she was going to cut Carl's hair. Meanwhile I had been the one to cut everyone's hair before the world went to shit so I couldn't understand her sudden change.

"Baby, the more you fidget, the longer it takes. So don't, okay?" Lori stated, still trying cut Carl's hair. 

"I'm trying." He replied.

"Well, try harder."

"If you think this is bad, wait till you start shaving. That stings. And when that day comes, you'll be wishing for one of your mama's haircuts." Shane commented

"I'll believe that when I see it," Carl remarked, I chuckled at his comment. 

We continued talking, Shane promising Carl that if he sat through getting his hair cut than he would teach him how to catch frogs the next day, the thought of which made Lori and I screw our noses up. 

The sudden sound of a car alarm interrupted our conversation, snapping me back to reality. The more I paid attention to the surroundings, I could hear that sound was coming closer and closer. Everyone jumped up from what they were doing, instantly running towards it, ready for what may come next. I ran over, holding a knife in my hand that I kept in my boot, so that I was ready if there was any danger. 

I put the knife away back in my boot, once the driver got out of the car which ended up just being Glenn. So, while Shane tried to find something that would stop the car alarm, I decided to leave him to it and walked off.

I heard another vehicle pull up not that long after the car alarm had stopped, so I turned around to see who it was and if it was the remaining group members we were still waiting for, as I was walking back to everyone else, I noticed from where I was my nephew and sister-in-law were hugging someone. I didn't realise it, but I began to walk faster which then turned into me running over to them.

I needed to know, to know if it was him. I was close enough now to see, "RICK!" I called out of pure excitement. Lori and Carl moved their heads out of the way so I could see clearer. 'holy shit' I muttered to myself, as I stared at my brother's face who everyone believed was dead. "I FUCKING KNEW IT!" I cheered, as I sprinted over to give my big brother a hug, a huge grin planted across my face.

**