Chapter Thirty Nine

Val's POV:

I finally decided to go outside for some much needed fresh air. I couldn't keep Daryl off my mind. I kept trying to find a reason to hate him, but I just couldn't bring myself to. I loved him too much to hate him, besides I couldn't hate him for something I knew I probably would have done as well. Would I forgive him easily though? Probably not. But I would try to.

I needed him but he wasn't here, and he probably would never understand how much that had hurt me. But how was he supposed to know what happened to me, he wasn't there watching it happen.

It was hot out still, but it was refreshing to feel the heat against my skin. Something I hadn't felt for some time. I noticed my brother wandering out beyond the fence. Hershel had told me that he had some sort of manic episode, seeing something or someone no one else could. I knew what was going on, it had happened once before when our parents died in a car crash. He took it pretty hard, started hallucinating them every now and then for a while. He come out of it, went back to normal. I don't know about this time around, however. It was different.

I heard a gunshot fire, I turned back and saw Axel on the ground, Carol, Beth, and Carl going for cover. "Carl!" Was all I could yell. I needed to protect him, even though I knew he could protect himself. I ducked for cover where I could in a yard that had nothing but dirt and grass as the gunfire rang out.

Silence filled the air. I began running as fast as I could, I didn't even realise that the yard began to fill with walkers. "VALENTINA!" I heard my brother yell at the top of his lungs.

"VALENTINA GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE!" He yelled once again. I noticed Hershel and sprinted over to help him. A car drew near us, I turned slightly to see Glenn, "Get in!" He called, but I could barely hear him. I helped Hershel in, told Glenn to go get themselves to safety.

"Val!" I heard a familiar voice call, and it wasn't my brother's. I couldn't stop to look, I continued to run, making back to the others before I got trapped.

**

"Val?" The familiar voice sounded again. I looked up, matching the face to the voice in a matter of seconds. "Daryl." I breathed, standing up from the bed walking over to him. In a second, I lifted my hand and slapped him hard across the face. "Alright, I deserved that." He muttered, brushing it off. I grabbed him by the collar, looked around for a second checking for Rick. I pulled Daryl closer, smashing my lips against his. I knew I would be angry with him but I also knew it wouldn't last that long. "I'm so sorry Val," He apologised, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Don't be Dare, I don't blame you for making the choice you did."

"I still shouldn't have left ya."

"I wasn't going to make you choose between your brother and me. That wasn't a fair choice to make."

"I guess now everyone won't have a choice whether Merle stays or not huh." I laughed lightly, walking back to the bed to sit down, then gestured for him to follow. I pulled him close again, colliding our lips once more, this time we didn't cut it short. It turned passionate quickly, Daryl soon becoming handsy, unlacing the front of my shirt. I instinctively reached to grab his hands to stop him. "Shit sorry." He muttered, apologetically.

"It's fine Dare. You can keep going." I breathed. I wanted him and for the first time in months I felt ready enough, I wasn't going to let what Shane and the Governor did to me stop me from going the next step with Daryl. I didn't deserve that and neither does he. "Are ye sure?" He whispered, stopping what he was doing once more. "I promise you I'm sure." I stated as I nodded my head in assurance. Soon resuming the heated moment that fell between us. I moved my hands down to his belt, unbuckling it. The more heated we got, the more I couldn't stop myself. In that moment I couldn't care if my brother ended up seeing us.

"Woah! Looky here." Merle whistled, with a chuckle.

"Merle! Get out of here!" Daryl scolded, shielding me from his brother.

"Oh woah I guess I was wrong about you having blue balls baby brother." He chuckled.

"Get the hell outta here!" Daryl scowled once again, Merle listened, walked away chuckling to himself.

**