Chapter Fifteen

Val's POV:

I had heard Beth wasn't feeling too hot, so I decided to help out with looking after her. I walked into the house, I could hear people talking in the kitchen, I knew Lori and Andrea were inside, and I could hear the Greene sisters arguing upstairs, so I figured I would check out who was in the kitchen first. I got to the entrance, and the closer I was, the clearer the conversation was. "After crashing Maggie's car. Ever apologise for that?" I heard Andrea say.

"Crashing her... You're insane." I heard Lori reply back.

"No, you are. And you're the one that's self-centred, the way you take it all for granted."

"My husband is out there for the hundredth time. My son was shot. Don't you dare tell me that I take this for granted."

"You don't get it, do you? Your husband came back from the dead, your son too. And now you've got a baby on the way. The rest of us have piled up our losses, me, Carol, Beth, but you just keep on keeping on. We have all suffered."

"Playing house, acting like the queen bee, laying down rules for everybody but yourself. You know what? Go ahead. Go in there and tell that little girl that everything's gonna be okay, just like it is for you. She'll get a husband, a son, baby, boyfriend. She just has to look on the bright side." I could hear the aggravation and the sarcasm in Andrea's voice as she spoke to Lori. She stormed out of the room not letting Lori say another word. She messed up when she stormed off and I just so happened to still be standing there. "Oh, hey Val, I didn't see you there." Andrea said, running straight into me.

"Don't you ever speak to Lori or anyone like that again. I don't give a damn what even started that conversation but to hell with you if you think you can talk to my family that way ever. I know she's some things others including her do not like but she is still my family, and while I'm alive you bet your ass that you'll wish you never spoke to them in the first place." I threatened, as I had pushed her up against the nearest wall, quietly enough that it wouldn't be heard. "Don't ever let me catch you say that shit again! understood?" She quickly nodded her head in response, so I pushed myself off of her, letting her walk away.

**

Lori and I walked inside the house after doing some chore work outside. "So how are you feeling after that night?" Lori asked, with genuine concern in her voice. We've always had our ups and downs Lori and I, but she is still a part of my family, and I love her as such. We have known each other for so long that we're bond to have our fallouts, maybe not the type that we last had but we still have them. "Oh ah, I'm getting better, I know I'll never fully be better because of it but I can past it." I replied with a small smile on my face when I turned to look at her. Our conversation didn't continue from there as Maggie calling out for Beth caught our attention, so we sprinted up to the room Beth was in, to find Maggie panicking, trying to open a door.

"Where were you?" Maggie asked, storming straight up to Andrea.

"I heard. Is she all right?"

"She would be if you had stayed with her. Where were you?"

"How bad is she?"

"It wasn't deep." Lori stated.

"She wants to live. She made her decision." Andrea said, with a smile on her face

"She tried to kill herself."

"No, she didn't."

"My father is stitching her wrist right now."

"She'll live."

"Stay away from her. From both of us. Don't you dare step foot inside this house again." Maggie said, moving in front of Andrea, then turning around to walk inside, Lori and I followed after.

Maggie had put her trust in Andrea to make sure Beth didn't do anything she might have regretted which is exactly what happened. I didn't blame Maggie for how she reacted with Andrea, she really trusted her with Beth and Andrea completely used that trust to her own advantage.

**