Chapter Twenty Five

Daryl's POV:

"Who the hell are you?" I questioned, keeping my crossbow on them.

"Who the hell are you?" one of the people who appeared to be prisoners asked, avoiding my question by repeating the same thing back.

"He's bleeding out! We gotta go back!" Rick cried out, then I heard him directing the others to help pressure on the wound.

"Why don' ya come on out of there. Slow and steady." I demanded, still aiming at them as the strangers slowly came towards us. I could see Val standing next to me, gripping her knife.

"What happened to him?" one of them asked, hinting at Hershel.

"He got bit." Val stated through gritted teeth, clenching her knife even harder, as the one who appeared to be their leader pulled out a gun, which also got T-dog's attention.

"Who the hell are you people?" the one with the gun asked.

"You don't look like no rescue team," another one added.

"If you're waiting for a rescue team, don't." Val stated. As Rick, Maggie and Glenn started wheeling Hershel out of there, I kept my aim on the prisoners, while I also kept Val alongside me, running out of there following behind the others. Soon getting ahead of them Val still be my side as we led them back to the cell block

**

Val's POV:

We made it back, but who knows if Hershel will even make it, all we could really do was hope that he would pull through as Lori and Carol try to stop the bleeding, but it was endless. I couldn't handle the sight, my heart broke for Maggie and Beth, I couldn't imagine the emotions that they must be feeling right now seeing their father like this. We had a slight problem however, as the prisoners decided to follow us back to the cell block. "Hey, this is my house, my rules, I go where I damn well please!" I heard one of the prisoners call out, making the ones in our group who didn't know about them more on edge.

"I'll go check," I told my brother before I walked back to where Daryl and T-dog were with now the prisoners, to find out what the hell was going on.

"woah! Well, ain't you a hot thing," The apparent leader catcalled, as I walked in the room Carl closing the door behind me. Another whistling at me, making me roll my eyes out of disgust and annoyance. This also led to my brother following in behind me, I already figured he would do that before he even did it. "The next person to catcall or so help me whistle at me again, a knife will be thrown at you." I threatened, gripping my knife.

"There ain't nothing for you here, why don't you go back to your own sandbox? Rick: Hey, hey, hey! Everyone relax, there's no need for this."

"How many of you in there?" The so called leader questioned.

"Too many for you to handle." My brother stated.

"You guys rob a bank or something? Why don't you take him to a hospital?" 'god how stupid is this guy' I muttered to myself.

"How long have you been locked in that cafeteria?"

"Going on like ten months."

"We were thinking that the army or the national guard should be showing up any day now." One of them said.

"There is no army."

"What do you mean?"

"There's no government, no hospitals, no police. It's all gone. Do I need to dumb it down for y'all?" I remarked, honestly how hard is it to understand.

"For real?"

"Serious."

"What about my moms?"

"My kids, my old lady! Yo, you got a self-phone or something so we can call our families?"

"You don't get it, do you?" Daryl asked, annoyance in his voice.

"No phones, no computers. As far as we can see, at least half the population's been wiped out. Probably more."

"Ain't no way."

"See for yourself."

"I'm gonna go see how it's going in there." I whispered to Daryl, nodding in the direction of where the others were trying to save Hershel. Receiving a nod back, I started to walk back off into the cell block. "Aren't ya coming sexy?" one of them called out to me. I didn't which one said but I couldn't care less. I spun back around on my heels, throwing my knife with just one flick of the wrist, towards one of them. A smirk on my face, as I heard one of them scream in pain. "I did warn ya!" I called as I turned back, heading to the cell block like I originally tried to do. I could hear Daryl and Rick chuckle at what I did.

"what on earth happened? Is someone hurt?" Lori asked, frantically as I walked over to the cell Hershel was in.

"the prisoners were catcalling me, I warned them on what would happen if any of them did it again, I just went through on my end of the deal." I smirked.

"of course, you did." Lori replied, shaking her head in disgust, as she walks away from me.

**