Chapter Twenty Four

Val's POV:

I decided to check on Lori before we headed off further into the prison. "Hey," I greeted softly, catching her attention from whatever it was she was just thinking about, she looked as though she had been crying. "Oh, hey Val," she replied just as softly.

"how are you doing?" I asked, even though I probably already knew what her answer was going to be.

"About as good as I probably look right now."

"I sort of guessed that. It was a stupid question."

"Yeah, I guess it was," getting a small chuckle out of her.

"Honestly Valentina, I'm surprised you're even talking to me after everything I've done."

"Yeah, you've done some pretty shitty things but really I should be thanking you." I stated, receiving shocked look from her.

"Why is that?"

"Well, if it wasn't for you, I would've still been blinded by my stupid want for a relationship. Besides I'm not the kind of person to hold grudges and if I did then that was never the real me. It took for a shitty thing to happen, and you can hate yourself for it all you want but just know that I don't. We're family, I could never shut you out."

"Besides you know I wouldn't be standing right here right now if I hated you. I care about you and that baby you're carrying even if it might be Shane's. I will still love and care for that baby no matter what, it will still be my niece or nephew." I said with a smile.

"Thanks Val," She said, smiling back at me.

"Of course. Well, I better get going, don't worry I'll make sure Rick comes back in one piece." I stated, walking away to be the others.

**

Everybody that were going was getting, strapping the vests that found on them or double checking their weapons. I noticed Carl fooling around with helmet on his head, I looked between Lori and Rick who were looking at it each other. "You won't need that. I need you to stay put." Rick told Carl.

"You're kidding."

"We don't know what's in there. Something goes wrong, you could be the last man standing. I need you to handle things here."

"Sure."

"Great. Let's go." Rick said, waving to us to go. I gave Carl a hug and a kiss on his forehead, looked up and gave a Lori a nod and a smile before following after everyone else, while Carl closed and locked the door behind us once we all had walked through.

**

We walked down, wherever it was we were at as I could barely see where we were going. I instinctively stayed as closed as I could to Daryl just like I had promised him earlier on. Once the flashlights were shone further ahead, showing all bodies lying on the floor ahead of us.

We kept on walking, turning each corner completely on guard. "Go back. Go back! Move!" Rick cried out quietly, panic mode set in on everyone as we turned back, watching behind every step we took, till we made it to a clearing. Realising Glenn and Maggie weren't with us we needed to turn back to look for them. 'why is that there is always someone who strays away from the group' I thought to myself, slightly annoyed that we can never catch a break.

We found them but not long after an ear piercing scream rang out as a walker took a bite out of Hershel's leg. Panic set back in as Hershel got carried into whatever room it was, as walkers came stumbling towards us.

"Only one way to keep you alive." Rick said, looking down at Hershel before beginning hack off the bitten leg.

"He's bleeding out." Seeing the now unconscious Hershel and the blood on spilling out of him. We needed to get him back to the cell block before it was too late.

"Duck." I heard Daryl whisper, before he stood up pointing his crossbow at something or someone.

**