Chapter Thirty Five

Daryl's POV:

"What'd ya mean taken? Why she out there in the first place?" I questioned frantically. Only just now finding out that Val decided to go on the formula run with Maggie and Glenn who were also taken while out. All three of them. This woman by the name of Michonne saw the whole thing go down. "Val's a smart girl, I'm sure she'll be fine." Hershel stated, in an attempt to reassure me.

"She can look after herself. They all can." Rick added.

"Yer not an ounce worried about yer own sister?"

"I am worried about her, but I know her."

"We have to go get them!" I exclaimed, pacing back and forth.

"We are."

**

Val's POV:

It was silent for quite some time. I could see the man analyse me. I watched as his eyes looked me up and down, from head to toe. "We'll take you back to your people, explain this was all just a misunderstanding. You tell us where they are and we'll drive you there." He finally spoke. I could tell he was calculated, proving he was the supposed leader. I could see it from a mile away, and I wasn't about to fall for his bullshit. "I want to talk to my friends." I stated, acting afraid. But I had already been through enough hell, that not much made me afraid anymore.

"I can't allow that. Your people are dangerous. Handcuffed my man to a roof, forced him to amputate his own hand."

"Nobody forced him to do jack shit. He's the simple minded fuck that couldn't just a moment longer." I spat.

"You just tell us where they are and we'll bring them here. You'll be safe, I promise."

"Bullshit." I sneered, looking the man dead in the eyes. I could read him like a book. A lot like Shane, someone who used their charm to try and get their way only this man was more calculated than Shane ever could have been. "No? Fine. Let's try something else." He smirked.

"Stand up, please." He said, then waited for me to comply.

"Stand up." He repeated, angrily. I did as I was told unwillingly. "Take off your shirt."

"Fuck off." I spat.

"Take off your shirt or I'll bring one of your friend's hand in here."

"Do it then." I mumbled. He didn't say anything for a moment, I wasn't completely willingly to risk Maggie or Glenn losing a limb. So I Listened and did what he had demanded me to do, and took off my shirt, gritting my teeth as I did so. "So you gonna talk?" He questioned, after walking up behind me and slamming me down against the table.

"You can do whatever the fuck you're gonna do and go to hell." I sniggered.

**

Daryl's POV:

"I got the flash bangs and I got the tear gas. You never know what you're gonna need." I stated, as I packed the equipment into the car.

"Hey. Hey, don't you worry about your old man. I'm gonna keep my eye on him." I reassured Carl, as I helped him pack some more things into the car before I headed off to grab what was left. I knew it had to be tough on him and it still didn't seem like Rick was all there yet.

Rick's POV:

"Carl." I said, pulling him aside. Away from everyone else so I could talk to him in private.

"What you did for Mom—" I began, feeling horrible knowing what my own son had gone through and I wasn't there.

"I had to."

"Yeah, I-- I know. I know, and I'm sorry. No one should have to go through that."

"How long will you be gone?"

"Look, if something happens while we're gone—"

"We'll be all right." He said cutting me off once again.

"If anything happens, you get everyone locked in the cells, keep them all safe."

"I will."

"I know. I know you will."

"Take care of your sister, all right?" I said with a smile, patting my son on his shoulder.

"Daryl's been calling her Ass-Kicker."

"Ass-Kicker? Has he, now?" I questioned, chuckling lightly.

"I've been thinking, what should we really call her?"

"What do you think?"

"Remember my third grade teacher, Mrs. Mueller?"

"Of course."

"Her first name was Judith. Do you think that's a good name?"

"I think that's-- that's a fine name. Judith it is." I said with a smile.

It wasn't long that we were on the journey to a town that was known as Woodbury. The place where it was believed that my sister, Glenn, and Maggie were being held at. "bring them back." Was the last thing Hershel said to me before we hit the road.

**

Val's POV:

They threw me back in with Glenn. Maggie had been back there with him for some time. A dead walker laid on the ground. Its bones in their hands. I stood there, letting tears start to rolling down my cheeks making my busted lip sting. I wasn't afraid or upset. I just felt violated. I felt just how I did after that night in the barn with Shane. "Oh god Val!" Maggie exclaimed, running up to comfort me. I found that the man who called himself the governor had done the same to maggie and only moments before I returned she had let it slip on the whereabouts of our camp. I was at least a little relived to have been able to stay in the bralette I wore where Maggie hadn't been so lucky, it made sense as to why she had been wearing Glenn's shirt when I returned.

I felt so disgusted that this man who didn't even know us or what our group was truly capable of be able to do something like this to not one but two women. Not only had I been beaten by Merle, but I was violated by this so called leader. If only Daryl was here now.

**