Chapter Twenty Eight

Val's POV:

"Yeah, yeah, I get it. I get it. Shit happens." My brother seethed, before silence began to fall over everyone. I watched as he scanned the room before looking down at the machete in his hand and back up at Tomas before swinging machete straight down into his head. Killing Tomas on the spot. It didn't effect as much this time, it wasn't something I wanted to see but I knew it was coming just from the look that was written across my older brother's face when he looked at me as I stood by Daryl. "No!" Andrew yelled, then going to take a swing at my brother, before Rick kicked him back before he could even try. "Easy now," Daryl stated, threatening him with his crossbow, as Andrew scrambled to his feet, taking off. "I got him." My brother said, as he followed after Andrew.

"Man, get down on your knees." Daryl demanded, now aiming his crossbow at Oscar.

"We don't have no affiliation with what just happened." Axel immediately started to defend. In all honesty I slightly believed him but whether Axel was telling the truth or not, I almost died. "Tell him, Oscar." He begged, as he began to kneel down.

"Stop talking man." Was all Oscar said back, as he stayed knelt down, with his hands up in the air.

**

"We didn't have nothing to do with that." Oscar stated, as I watched my brother stand there aiming his gun to the man's head while T-dog aimed his at Axel's. "You didn't know? You knew. Daryl, let's end this now." Rick said, turning to point his gun at Axel.

"Sir, please! Please, listen to me! It was them that was bad. It wasn't us." Axel pleaded.

"Oh that's convenient!" Rick sneered, pressing his gun against Axel's head.

"Rick!" I exclaimed, noticing that anger was starting to completely take over my brother, who I knew wasn't convinced nor did he want to be.

"You saw what he did to Tiny. He was my friend. Please we ain't like that." Axel continued to plead.

"I like my pharmaceuticals but I'm no killer. Oscar here is a B and E, and he ain't very good at it neither. We ain't the violent kind, they were!"

"Please, I swear to God! I wanna live!" Axel begged.

"What about you?" My brother questioned, now pointing his gun back at Oscar.

"I ain't never pleaded for my life and I ain't bout to start now. So you do what you gotta do." Oscar stated, looking straight up at Rick.

"Rick!" I exclaimed once more, this time getting his attention.

"What Valentina?" Rick questioned with annoyance in his voice as he looked over at me.

"We're done here. Finish the deal and go. We don't need any more blood on our hands than what there already is." I stated, getting ready to press on. He was silent for a moment, but I knew he was going to listen to what I had said.

**

After all the trouble, we made it to the cell block where the prisoners were to stay. Daryl unlocked and opened the final metal door and walked through the rest of us following after. "Oh man," Axel muttered, as he and Oscar looked over at the bodies of what were other inmates.

"I knew these guys. They were good men."

"So good that they were in prison," I said, raising an eyebrow. It might've been insensitive but at least it had some common sense to it. I didn't get a response from either of the two prisoners bur that had been expected.

"Let's go." My brother said, directing us to follow him out.

"So you're just gonna leave us in here. Man this is sick." Oscar stated, stopping us.

"We're locking down this cell block. From now on this part of the prison is yours. Take it or leave it. That was the deal." Rick explained, coldly before then walking away.

"You think this is sick? You don't wanna know what's outside." Daryl said, pulling me alongside him.

"Consider yourselves as the lucky ones." I added, walking off with Daryl to join Rick.

**