I. The Tomb

I. The Tomb.

December 12th, 2009.

"Brother," the raven head declared his arrival to the clearing after a whistle "Witches." He turned to the rest of the company.

"Everything okay?" Stefan asked his girlfriend making sure she was fine, "I just wanna get this over with." She replied back to his question, "Are we ready?" Elena asked her friend.

"I guess." Bonnie replied as she followed Damon's descend with her eyes.

After moving the company downstairs, Bonnie's grandmother, Sheila, prepared the spell, lighting the fire, "Air. Earth. Fire," she spoke as she lit each flame, "Water." Bonnie finished handing her a bottle half full.

"That's it? Just water from the tap." Elena asked seeing the older woman sprinkle it on the ground.

"As opposed to what?" Shelia humoured the girl, "I just figured it would have to be blessed, or mystical or something." Sheila smirked at the girl's answer as she turned to continue the spell preparations.

As he stood waiting Damon took out a blood bag from his jacket's pocket, seeing that Stefan asks "What's that?"

"It's for Katherine, gotta have something to get her going. Unless your girl's offering a vein," Damon gestured towards the human girl. "Admit it, you can't wait to get rid of me." He whispered ominously as he leaned his head closer to Stefan.

Stefan paused for a second as he glanced at his brother, "I can't wait to get rid of you." He said then turned to face the witches.

"We're ready." Bonnie announced, alerting the trio, and then she and Sheila started the spell.

"What're they saying?" Damon asked as he moved closer towards the tomb's door, having never seen a witch in action before. "I think it's Latin." Stefan guessed.

"I don't think it's Latin." Elena having never heard Latin in her life still felt that the words didn't sound like Latin, knowing that the language is basically extinct.

As the three conversed their thoughts on the subject, the witches kept going, then suddenly the torches' fire flared high, scaring the human in the group making her close in to her boyfriend, who held her shoulders to assure her.

"What's happening?" Elena asked coincidentally as the loud noise emitted in the clearing in front of the tomb, adding a dramatic flare to the otherwise creepy evening, the unoccupied trio turned to face the door to the tomb to see it opening alerting the two witches.

"It worked." Bonnie spoke surprised seeing as it's her first big spell, "Of course it worked." Sheila said as if offended her granddaughter would think otherwise.

"Don't you have some fires to start." Damon alerted Stefan to his job for the evening, turning to face Elena, "I'm gonna go get the gasoline, I'll be right back." He assured the girl, then left.

Damon stood silently for a second then turned to face Elena, extending his arm, "You ready?" he asked even when his tone indicated that he wasn't actually asking.

"What?" Elena looked at Bonnie and Sheila for assistance, as Damon wrapped his hand around Elena's bicep.

"Think I'm gonna go there by myself, so that you could seal me in." he revealed his thoughts as he pulled Elena roughly towards him.

"Don't take her with you, I'll bring down the walls," Sheila warned.

"You'll bring the walls down if I don't, you think I trust you?" he asked rhetorically.