IV. Friends

IV. Friends.

"There you go." Stefan spoke as he laid down a pile of books, next to two other piles, that he got from their library. "That's everything I could find to help you catch up with what you missed." Putting his hands into his jacket pocket.

"This is my laptop, whatever you want, search it up and it'll give you countless sites to read up from. I showed you how." Looking at his listener, Eira nodded, as she inspected the web browser, Stefan had opened for her to search without the trouble of opening it herself.

"Perfect, I just need a writing desk, so I can write down my notes, for when you get back." She requested.

"No writing desks in this century, just plain wooden tables." He tells her, "You'll find a notebook, and pen for you to write with in here."

"Pen?" she wonders, not understanding how it differed from the quill pens they used in the 19th century.

"Modern quill and ink," he holds the pen for her to see, "Except the ink is within the pen, all you have to do is write down." He explains.

Taking hold of it, Eira inspects the item, "That's clever, less mess." She comments.

"There's a desk in your room, I think." At her nod, he smiles "And if the pen runs out, you know where my room is, there are plenty on my desk."

"Thank you." She says gratefully, nodding Stefan straightens and gets ready to leave for school. "I'll be going." he informs her, then turns and exits the house.

__________________________________________________________

Students walking down the halls, meeting friends, getting stuff out of their lockers, and standing in front of Elena Gilbert's locker was Stefan Salvatore, her boyfriend. Both conversing after the events of the previous night.

"Damon hasn't said a word to me. Every time I try to talk to him, he shuts me down." Stefan informs her leaning over the next locker, as he watches her movements.

"Do you think he's still trying to find Katherine?" Elena inquires, "I don't think so, he still hadn't dealt with Eira, and everything to do with that." Stefan tells her.

"Eira? What does she have to do with Katherine?" Elena asks, Stefan looks at her confused until he remembers how he never told her about Damon and Eira's history together.

"With everything that happened these past days, it must've slipped my mind." He starts, "Damon and Eira, they were... they are married." He falters not knowing what tense to use.

"What!" eyes wide, Elena looks bewildered at her boyfriend, "Married?" she asks wanting to know if she heard wrong.

"Yeah, since '63," Stefan confirms, "But what about Katherine?" Elena was now lost, if Damon had been married to Eira this whole time, then why was he bent over Katherine, more importantly why would he even pursue her back in 1864 when he was already in a relationship.

"When Eira came to Mystic, she and Damon were involved, everyone in town knew they would marry each other. And they did, a year before Katherine came to town, when Katherine came, according to Eira, she had a plan to stay for a while until the towners realised she wasn't aging, and then she'd flee, but when Katherine found out about the council, she decided to cause a little trouble, and she wanted to involve Eira in it, since apparently, they knew each other for so long,

When Eira tried to stop Katherine, she wanted to get back at her, so Katherine exposed Eira to my father and helped him capture her, and then made up this whole story of how Eira died."

"Then Katherine compelled Damon, how he moved on, how he loved her, all that. The thing is, when Damon and I turned, the compulsion should've lifted, but the memories only returned when Damon met Eira in the tomb." Brows furrowed, confused, Elena shook her head trying to make sense of what Stefan told her.