IX. Mommy Dearest

IX. Mommy Dearest.

(A/N: photo from the episode, you're welcome.).

It's the next day and everything seems to be going back to normal; Stefan's back to drinking animal blood, Elena's moved back into her house, Alaric stopped searching for Isobel, and most importantly Eira spoke up her mind to Damon regarding her feelings. Leaving the vampire to his own decision, so right now, there's nothing she can actually do.

When she woke up, took a nice shower, had a nourishing glass of blood, and a very human breakfast, the last thing she expected was to be called over to Mystic Falls high school; for whatever reason, she didn't know. Apparently, that piece of information escaped Stefan's mind when he called Damon earlier, requesting both vampires' presence.

And so, five minutes later the two walked through the school's cafeteria considering how overcrowded the entrance was, not that the lunchroom was any better, each table was full of students chatting, making plans about some upcoming event, that Eira later discovered was a parade, from a hanged flyer.

Damon leads Eira to Alaric's classroom, where Stefan told them to meet, considering it's her first time entering the school grounds and she didn't know where that would be. Opening the door to the room, Damon and Eira enter.

"Damon, Eira, thanks for coming." Alaric greets, as they walk through the doorway.

"Sorry I'm late, my dog ate my..." he trails off before deciding against completing the joke, "Never mind." He smirks at Alaric, noticing the frown on Stefan's face, as Eira watches Elena's expression, it was almost emotionless, if it weren't for the shock in her eyes.

"What's with all the furrowed brows?" Damon asks, "I saw Isobel last night." Alaric reveals, making Eira's head snap to him, "Isobel? Your vampire wife Isobel?" she asks, second guessing her impeccable hearing, Alaric nods at her with a frown, while Eira's face turns to Elena, understanding the reason behind the long faces.

"Isobel's here?" Damon repeats, at Alaric's nod, he asks again, "In town?" at the second nod, Damon faces Elena.

"When was that?" Eira asks, confused since she was sure Alaric Saltzman had headed home after their little trip to Groove Hill.

"At the grill, I went for a drink. She approached me." He explains, "Then what happened?" she wonders, "I tried to ignore her, she didn't like it." He winces, remembering how his wife had manhandled him the night before.

"Did you ask her about Uncle John? Are they working together?" having gotten over the shock, Damon starts firing his questions, as he advances towards the teacher, from where he had moved by the class windows. "No." Alaric answers.

"'No' they're not, or 'no' you didn't ask?" Eira tilts her head, as she inquires for him to elaborate. "I didn't ask." He tells her.

"What about the invention?" Damon questions, "Didn't ask." Alaric chose to be more precise as not to be ganged up on by the duo.

"Does she know about the tomb opening?" Eira chooses a different route, wondering if Isobel, a connection to Katherine, knew about her exit of the tomb and if she had informed the Pierce vampire.

"I don't know." He exasperatedly answers, "Did words completely escape you?" furious that, they have no information about what Isobel does or doesn't know, Damon lets out, as he stands closer to the human. "Easy." Eira tells him, seeing how agitated he was getting.

"No, I was a little surprised by my dead, vampire wife to ask any questions." Alaric, fed up by Damon's attitude, exclaims.

Damon twists his head around in annoyance, then turns back to face Alaric, asking one more question that he hopes there's an answer to, so in a calmer tone he asks, "What did she want?"