VIII. Caroline's Advice

(A/N: What Eira looks like when she's done with Damon's bullshit).

A week had gone by with Stefan locked up in the basement cell, and for the entirety of the week, Elena had stayed over to check on him, she took up residence in Stefan's room, while he sleeps in the cell, Damon and Eira took turns staying with the girl.

It wasn't hard for Eira to read more into Damon's feelings for the human girl, seeing how concerned he was when Elena was going through with subduing Stefan plan, and how he always made sure the cell was locked when he left the girl to do something, or ensure that Eira doesn't open it in the human's presence.

It was to the point where Eira made a decision of confronting Damon, she couldn't make out her own thoughts on the possibility considering she still had hopes for her and Damon to reconcile. Like she had told Jenna, Eira's only holding on for so long, before she takes the reins herself, she was never one to give up so easily. Especially when it came to her loved ones.

And because there was no time like the present, Eira took advantage of the fact that Elena's heading to her house, to get herself a change of clothes and freshen up a bit before she would return, so that Eira would confront Damon on the 'Elena' situation.

Damon and Elena, come up from the basement, to find Eira sitting by the fireplace, with a glass of blood in her hand, raising it in greeting, "How's our prisoner doing?" she asks, considering she hadn't gone to check on the younger Salvatore yet.

"Still refusing to drink blood." Damon answers her, making his way to the table where he had the Gilbert device and some papers with the research he's been doing to figure the thing out.

"Give him time. Now that he's out of the human blood haze, he's reminded of his actions." She speaks as she flips through the texts Caroline had left her, the two had gotten closer after the pageant, they had exchanged numbers that day, and the blonde human, hadn't gone a day without texting her.

Eira wasn't complaining, it was a nice change of pace with all the doom she's been dealing with lately with Keeping Up with the Salvatores. Another thing Caroline was the cause of, the reality tv show that is.

"He's feeling guilty and depressed, not the nicest combo, especially with you two hanging outside his cell door." Eira continues, finally taking her eyes off of the screen and glances at Damon, who gave her a sarcastic smile.

"But he knows that I know that he wasn't himself." Elena tries to reason, "Doesn't change the fact that he lost control, hurt someone, and you had seen it all." Eira points to the girl, "Someone he puts in high regard."

"Well, he shouldn't, all of us make mistakes, that doesn't make us unworthy of forgiveness." Elena shrugs as if her words should make sense, and they do. But for Stefan it's different.

"That would easily apply on anyone, but not Stefan and not when it concerns you. You see Elena, vampires like Stefan hardly have a conscious when it comes to their... let's say, fall outs. Stefan does, and right now that conscious is telling him that he's dangerous, that he shouldn't be around people, around you.

"And so, it won't matter how much anyone tells him that he deserves forgiveness for his mistake, what matters, is that he is repented for it." Frowning at the vampires words, Elena's mind runs in circles, thinking of ways to make Stefan believe that he shouldn't punish himself.

"She gets it." Damon moves Elena's attention to him, not wanting the girl to feel hopeless, Eira raises her brows as if saying okay. Snapping out of her thoughts, Elena starts walking around the place, picking her clothes, from the past week, and begins stuffing them into her bag.