X. Burning House

X. Burning House.

"When I saw you calling, I didn't think the errand would be a wardrobe dive." Logan spoke through the speaker, as Eira had the phone on the bed, as she fixed the dress that was just delivered.

"You know I only trust you with my clothes." Eira jokes, chuckling humourlessly, Logan sighs, "Were they the ones you wanted?" he asks.

"It was perfect, darling. Thank you." After bidding her goodbye, the line ends when he hangs up, zipping the dress bag with the dress inside, she slips on her shoes, and descends to meet Alaric at the bottom of the stairs.

"That the dress?" his eyes widen, seeing the several bags Eira was holding, which held each item that Elena would have to wear for the parade which was 1860's themed.

Eira hums in answer, as she hands him bags with items that he wouldn't be able to ruin by carelessness.

"How many pieces are there to this thing?" he asks as they leave the boarding house and start loading the bags into the back seats of his car.

"You don't want to know." Damon speaks from where he stood leaning on the door frame, after he followed them outside.

"Don't bother waiting on me, I'll be meeting you there." Eira informs him, considering she's going to the parade with the Gilberts.

Giving her a mock salute, Eira then gets in the car, and Alaric drives off to the Gilbert residence. When Eira arrives there, Jenna was already waiting with the door open, while Elena was in her room.

Entering, Jenna greets Eira, and both of them move the bags to the upper level, into Elena's room, who's eyes widen seeing the number of layers she'll be dressed in.

"Are you sure you want to do this? Trust me, I wouldn't judge you if you bailed," Understanding the double meaning behind her words, Elena rolls her eyes at Eira, and shakes her head.

"I'm ready." And so, for the next half hour, Eira got Elena dressed in the 1860's fashion as Jenna assisted as much as she could.

"This dress is beautiful, where did you get it?" Jenna asked Eira, as she was putting the final pieces over the bodice, with Elena stood in front of a full-length mirror watching Eira work. Catching the vampire's eye in the reflection, Elena knew the real answer, but was curious as to what Eira would tell her aunt, considering how elaborate and convincing her lies were.

"Part of the many things that I inherited from my family. Over the past years, I found ways to preserve them." Eira turn her head to face the woman, "You can say, I'm a bit of a hoarder when it comes to historical items." Jenna chuckles at the sheepish comment Eira made.

Finally putting on the vervain necklace, Elena groans, "It's beautiful alright, but this dress hurts." Helping the girl with her necklace, Jenna scoffs, "Suck it in, baby." Eira puts away the bags, telling Elena that she can give the dress back whenever.

The trio leave the house to head to the school, where the parade is going to start, Eira told Elena to go find Stefan and Damon, making an excuse of forgetting something at the boarding house, when the truth was, she wasn't ready for the reaction Damon's going to have when he sees Elena, and how much the period look makes her look a lot like Katherine.

It wasn't until the parade started that Eira made an appearance finding Damon talking to Bonnie, while Elena and Stefan's float drove by.

When the Bennett girl walks away, Eira walks up to Damon, while catching Elena's eyes over his shoulder, waving at the girl, the Gilbert waves back, making Stefan also notice the vampire, and smile at her.