XI. The Aftermath

X. The Aftermath.

Walking through the hallways of Mystic Falls' hospital, Eira tried to hear out for Caroline's mother, considering Matt hadn't heard anything yet, and the boy was still in shock over what happened.

Catching sight of the blonde by the reception counter on the second floor, Eira approaches the woman, "Sheriff." Hearing her name, Liz turns to face Damon's friend, Eira.

"Eira, Damon's friend," Eira reminds, Liz responded by nodding her head, "I heard about the accident, they said Caroline's still in surgery down by the reception. Have you heard anything else?" seeing the concern in the blonde woman's face towards her daughter, Liz was confused as to what her relationship to Caroline was, but she answered, nonetheless.

"Nothing yet." Liz shakes her head in dismiss. "Did Damon tell you about the accident? Where is he?" Liz was quick to assume it was the Salvatore who informed Eira.

"I haven't seen Damon since the speech," Eira hid the fact that she was there during the fire, "Matt texted me,"

"I didn't know you knew Matt." Looking to the side as she heard the Bennett's voice, talking to Matt in the waiting area.

"I'm a regular at the Grill, and Stefan introduced us, when they came by the house for their date. And they kept me company after the parade." Eira told the woman, before Liz could question her more on the subject, Eira caught sight of Damon over the woman's shoulder, approaching the two.

"Damon's right there." Eira tells the woman, making her turn to face the Salvatore, "Eira," nodding at the vampire in greeting, he then diverts his attention to Liz, "Liz, I came as soon as I got the message. Is she okay?" he asks concerned.

"She's in surgery. It's... they're doing everything they can. I need your help, Damon." Then turning to face their company, Eira understands that Liz wants to speak to Damon alone, excusing herself with a nod.

"Um... I'll head on home then. Tell Matt to keep me updated." Nodding at Eira, Liz moves sideways to direct Damon, but his attention is still on Eira.

"Hey, can you wait? I gotta speak to you about something." Furrowing her brows in confusion, yet she nods, muttering, "I'll be round." Walking away, Eira heads on back towards Matt and Bonnie who were still sat, waiting on any news about Caroline.

Catching sight of the vampire, Bonnie sits up straighter, noticing Matt faces where she's looking and see the older woman.

"Did the Sheriff know anything?" Eira shakes her head, "Nothing we don't know, we're gonna have to wait until she's out." Sighing in defeat, Matt leans forward with his head in his hands, elbows on his knees.

"Do you want to head on home until she's out?" Eira asks suggestively.

Shaking his head, Matt sits straighter, wiping his face with his hands, Matt turns to face Eira, "No, I wanna stay." She could see the tiredness on his face, patting him on the shoulder, she stands.

"I'll get a drink, want something?" asking the two, both shake their head, on her way the elevator, Damon catches up to her.

"Where you headed?" entering the electric box, Eira presses the ground floor button, "Cafeteria." Once the doors close, with them being the only ones inside, Eira asks.

"What did you want to tell me?" facing her, "Thank you." Damon starts but then pauses as three people enter the elevator on the second floor, making the two, stand sideways.

Once reaching their floor, they exit, heading towards the cafeteria, "What are you thanking me for?" she asks, "You warned me about Bonnie, but I didn't listen. And then you risked your life going into the fire and getting me out, which I didn't deserve considering how much you hate me right now."