XV. A Date with an Old Friend

(A/N: I present to you our Logan, none other than the Duke of Hastings, Regé-Jean Page).

March 4th, 2010.

"Did you know what Damon's up to?" Elena's voice said from the other side of the call, "Good morning, Elena." Eira mused, "Morning, Eira. Did you?" the human repeated.

"He's always up to no good, what is it this time?" Eira murmured.

"He's hijacking Jenna's barbeque, which he told Ric to tell her to do, so he could expose Mason Lockwood." Elena revealed.

Muttering curses under her breath, she looked up to the sky, "One day, that's all I wanted. You need to tell him it's a bad idea." Eira tells her.

"Can't you do that? I don't wanna talk to him more than I have to." Elena complains.

"I would if I was in town, but I'm in Groove Hill." Eira says on time for the person she's meeting up with to make an appearance, "And I've got to go now, but I'll give Damon a call." Eira doesn't wait for Elena to reply and hangs up.

Eira stands up to greet her friend, he walks up to her, and they embrace, "It's been way too long." Logan whispers in her ear.

They part, Eira smiling at him as they take their seats, "When was the last time, remind me?" she pretends to think it over.

"What, your time underground gave you dementia, Evie?" he jokes.

"Oh, I remember everything, and you know it. Last time was eighteen-oh-two we were in Paris, France celebrating the end of the French Revolutionary Wars after the treaty was signed, should I go on and tell you what we were up to until the wee hours of the morning?" she teases.

"I don't quite remember," he faux frowns at her, "Do you mind jogging my memory." He smirks at her.

She ends up kicking his shin under the table, he feigns pain rubbing his leg, but keeps the smirk, "I don't remember you liking it that rough, but I'm not gonna lie, I like it." He keeps teasing.

Eira has a nonchalant look on her face, with a soft smile reminiscing their old days, "Stop it, Logan Jacobson." She chastises.

"Make me, Evelyn Quinn." He retorts, they both give a moment of silence before getting serious.

"How have you been?" she breaks the silence.

"Bored, a little sad too, it's not the same having you around, and it wasn't like I could help." she knew he was being serious.

"Well, you're too precious to me to let you risk your life for me." She repeats her reason, the one she tells her dear friends, when warning them about coming to her in Mystic Falls.

"I'm the old one here, don't forget it." She reminds him.

"Yeah, yeah. Well, tell that to Cedric, he was going out of his mind wanting to get you out, especially when you hit the century mark." He informs her.

"I hope you kept him reigned." She tells him, "It wasn't easy, but we managed, the coven had to put a border spell across HQ. Good thing you gave me partial authority before you left." He replies.

"And what have you been up to?" she asks him.

"Not much, after you dropped that massive to-do list on our labs, we were up to our necks in tasks to get them done." He tells her in a fake mad tone.

"Sorry, but part of being co-founder of the organisation, is having people at you beck-and-call to get things done." She retorts back, "A hundred- and forty-five years, is a lot of time."