XII. Bad Decisions

XII. Bad Decisions.

After her visit to Caroline, Eira decided to head over to the Lockwoods to pay her respects, despite never liking the mayor, his wife was tolerable, and if Eira was planning on a permanent stay, which is the case from what it seems, she needs to make nice with the locals.

Reaching the patio of the mansion, Tyler Lockwood stood over the doorway to greet guests. "Tyler." Eira spoke catching the boy's attention, who recognised her from the day before.

"We've met before, but I don't believe we've been introduced officially. I'm Eira." Shaking his hand, she continues on, "I only met your father briefly, but he'd been welcoming to me, I thought it appropriate to come and pay my respects." Nodding at her words, Tyler thanks her and gestures her inside the house. Looking after her peculiarly, surprised she tell 'she was sorry for his loss' like everyone around here.

Walking in, Eira browsed the area for any familiar faces, catching sight of Damon's all black attire, which he'd gone with, Eira makes a beeline towards him.

"How's Caroline?" his mentioning of the girl, reminded her of the conversation she and the girl had just had earlier, making her scowl, not that Damon noticed given that his attention was on the fruit platter in front of him.

"I'm pretty sure I spied the Sheriff walking by, why didn't you ask her?" Eira could hide the bite in her tone.

Frowning at her hostility, Damon returns back to snacking on the buffet, after giving her a glance "I'm just making conversation," he defends, raising his hands in peace.

"Which by her answer, you've really swoped in and gave her your blood." Says Damon.

"I said I would, what makes you think I wouldn't go along with it?" Eira asks, shaking her head, as she crosses her arms across her chest, giving him her full attention.

"I'm more curious on why you did go along with it." He narrows his eyes trying to make her tell him if she had an ulterior motive, when she doesn't relent, he sighs and goes back to snacking.

"Just be careful, because reminder, her mother is the Sheriff, who is part of an anti-vampire community." He tries to warn her.

"And you're forgetting, I'm a centuries old vampire." Catching sight of a certain Bennett by his shoulder, Bonnie pointedly made eye contact with Eira, then diverted her sight towards a room, which she then walked inside. Understanding the witch's message, Eira decided to wrap up this conversation.

"Who still ended up being captured and entombed for a hundred-and forty-five years, how'd that happen again?" instead of firing back a fiery reply, he was met with a pat on the shoulder, as she moved by him, saying "I got distracted. That'll never happen again." Taking the strawberry he was about to eat, Eira took a bite then returned it to him, before staking off.

Entering the room, Eira seeks Bonnie standing beside a chair, in what turned to be the dining room, waiting on her entry.

"I saw Caroline today." She started, humming at the girl's words, Bonnie continued, "She looked better, which means you went through with your promise of giving her..." trailing off, Bonnie felt awkward saying the words, and slightly disgusted.

Raising her brows at the witch's reaction to the unsaid words, she completed for her, "Vampire blood."   "Yes!" speaking quickly as if to quieten the older woman.

"Is that all you wanted me for?" Eira tilted her head in question, in response; Bonnie gave her what the Bennett must've thought was an intimidating look, Eira assumed.

"What do you want with Caroline?" Bonnie asks, "Nothing." Eira replies.

"I don't believe you." Still keeping up the 'intimidating' expression, Bonnie voices.