VI. Meeting the Founders, aka Uncle John

(A/N: long chapter ahead)

"Can you talk to him? I can't get two words in." Eira says from her position, laying on the parlour's couch in front of the fireplace, holding one of the history books, she's reading, head bent over the armrest, looking at Damon.

"He's going through withdrawal," Damon tells her, "This is part of his cleansing diet." He smiles sarcastically.

"A vampire who can't drink blood," Eira comments, "That's totally normal." Damon gives her disagreeing look.

"Correction he doesn't drink human blood." He emphasises, "But what does he drink?" Eira asks, still not having wrapped her head around it, since Damon explained it to her in the morning.

"Cute little white fluffy bunnies." Damon scrunches his face to imitate the image, making the woman shudder at it, trying to return to her reading, keyword: trying.

Noticing the book in her hand, "You still reading the books Stefan gave you?" Damon asks surprised she hasn't finished them all yet.

"Try reading a hundred years' worth of history that is ultimately boring and frankly very predictable." Damon shrugs at her, if it were him, he would've compelled someone to give him a summary.

"But I'm almost done. Oh, what I'd do to read a contemporary romance or a bit fantasy at the moment." She muses, "Got any recommendations of the modern variety?"

"Try the Twilight saga." He suggests, "What's it about?" she asks.

"Vampires." Damon tells her, chuckling at the irony, "Really? Is it any accurate?" she wonders.

"Not in the slightest." He answers pausing at every word to emphasis, Eira hums at him, "Do you reckon the author's an actual vampire, and wrote it all wrong to throw humans off our trail?" Damon gives her an impressed look at her question.

"That's a theory I'd love to uncover." Damon, points at her, saying.

"If it were me, I'd just do it for fun." She says as she glides her eyes over the page trying to find where she left off.

"What are you reading anyway?" Closing the book, with her finger as bookmark, she looks at the title, "Twentieth Century, The History of the World, I'm at the 1960's now," Eira opens the book again, to continue reading, "Would love to get to the 70's, the 60's aren't that lovely, if only someone could turn it down a bit." Shouting out the last sentence, turning her head as she looked in the general direction of Stefan's room upstairs.

Perking her ears, to see if he heard and lowered the sound, when nothing changed, Eira turned to Damon with an exasperated look on her face, throwing her hands in the air and sitting up, she took hold of her glass of blood, on the coffee table, to drink a sip.

"I'll handle him." Damon assures her, as he moves to walk up the stairs, passing in front of her, and snatching the glass from her hands on the way.

"I was drinking that." Rolling her eyes at his behaviour, Eira opened the book to actually get it over with, when the music got turned off, "Thank you." She shouts, only to remember they all vampires and she didn't need to speak loudly now that the noise is gone.

__________________________________________________________

"Get up, I'm taking you shopping." Damon bursts through the doorway to Eira's room, where the woman had moved to, after finishing the book, Damon coming back from the founders' council meeting.

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" she asks, looking down at yet another borrowed shirt, from Damon this time, the jeans were Elena's, and socks she took from Stefan's drawers, they were made of a fuzzy material and were comfy.