1

𝖈𝖚𝖗𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖑𝖞 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔: 𝖌𝖚𝖊𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖆 - 𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖟

chenle was fed up of this royal life. surely, being a royal would mean that you have a better life than others due to riches and protection?

for chenle, this was not the case. in fact, he feels as if he is being protected TOO much for his own good.

being prevented from going out during the day without permission that is only given rarely, prevented from meeting with friends even if it is in the castle premises itself, prevented from doing anything like a regular person would.

he describes it as 'confinement', not able to go anywhere other than his bedroom and a few other rooms in the castle.

he's been living like this ever since he was born, unable to see the world at its brightest and having to see the same few walls everyday.

he knows only 4 people who aren't royals by name, and those 4 he met when he stumbled away from his parents eyes at the age of 3, toddling out of the castle premises and bumping into 4 older boys playing in the street. they were still children, though, and were overjoyed to see another competitor.

there he joined in, playing a good old game of football and struggling to kick the full-sized ball that was half the size of him, trying at least. the older boys cooed at him; god, was he an adorable kid.

his parents caught up to him, though, and snatched him away to the pleads of the 4 boys to let him stay.

they gave in, and let chenle play with them under intense supervision until it was time to go in.

chenle still meets up with them, but has never been given permission to. being too strict can lead to kids breaking the rules, and chenle is a prime example.

being confined to his room has its benefits; his parents expect him to always be in there... their angel of a child will never break the rules, right?

due to this, they never have to check up on him, giving chenle time to clamber out of his window and use the vines to descend to the cobble below, out of the view of any civilians or guards as his room is at the back of the castle.

it's simple, really. in the words of zhong chenle.