4

𝖈𝖚𝖗𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖑𝖞 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔: 𝖉𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖘 - 𝖈𝖗𝖆𝖛𝖎𝖙𝖞

all chenle did for the rest of the day was cuddle his pillow and paint, wishing that he would go into the forest one night and never come back out.

he had to spend his life with someone he knew nothing about and could possibly hate; it was not his best day.

he would rather marry the pillow at this rate.

he patiently waited for the sun to go down, even if it took several canvases and several hours.

chenle noticed that his brush strokes were getting more and more sloppy as time went by, revising over his previous works.

he noticed a splash of some sort on his last painting, realising he had been crying.

probably for hours; he really didn't know as he had been so lost in his paint.

rubbing his eyes, he chuckled, put his brush down and walked over to the back window.

it had gotten dark enough now that nobody would see him, and so he opened his window and clambered onto the windowsill.

he grabbed onto the thickest vine he could find, and carefully swang his feet over the edge.

hard bit over, all he had to do now was descend down the vine like it was a rope, being careful not to hurt himself on the sharp slabs of the castle walls.

he had done this plenty of times, but the descent was still frightening.

about a 30m drop if he slipped now, but he had fairly good upper body strength.

he finally touched the ground a minute or so later, and prepared to scale the back wall of his town.

there was a specific place that he found easiest to climb, as there was a tree overhanging the wall and he could grab onto it.

like a rock wall, he began to climb up, staying as calm as he possibly could.

the wall was fairly tall, maybe 5m, but the ascent was shortened due to the tree he was now inside of, crouching along the thick branches.

reaching the main trunk, the jump to the ground wasn't too high and the grass was soft, so he just walked off and fell into the shrubbery.

chenle stood up and brushed himself off, and off he went.

still keeping guard and staying within the tallest grass, he half-crouched towards the looming trees, making sure not to prick himself on any thorns or holly leaves (an. self-promo 😘).

his mood rose and rose as he got closer to the beacon of light and what he really called home, and he took shelter within the clustered and cramped woodland.

he always thought that this place was beautiful at night.

you could see the moon peeking through the top of the trees, illuminating his way.

many different beautiful species of flowers, fruits and animals took residence here, and the only human they had ever seen was chenle himself.

his personal favourite animal was what he called an albeon.

he didn't know if it had an actual name or if anyone had ever seen it before, but it was kind of a mix between an albatross and a chameleon, hence the name.

it was shaped like an albatross, the familiar wide wingspan and large beak, but the creature was scaled, and the colours were phenomenal.

yes, it could change its colour to camouflage, but there was nothing it needed to hide from, so it showed vibrant purples and blues, with almost a glow-in-the-dark look to it.

look, there's one now.

chenle stared at the creature and watched as it flit between the trees, seemingly not noticing the human's presence.

yes, chenle had already seen something out of the ordinary, but nothing compared to what he saw previously.

ah, he was home. the first beaming smile he had shown in 24 hours peeked between his lips and the skin around his eyes crinkled.

a rabbit of some kind sped past his feet and a beautiful butterfly with pink wings flew around his head.

he was skipping now, dancing around the trunks and nearing to his destination.

however, he noticed that there seems to be no animals present the further and further he went, to his surprise.

there never seemed to be a dead spot here, and knew something was wrong.

nervously walking now, he stepped over a log of a fallen tree, mistakenly catching his foot on the way over and slamming into the ground.

'well that shit hurt', he thought as he came to his knees, observing a knew bruise on his arm and shaking his head.

suddenly, a loud rustle a few metres infront of him.

his hairs stood on end and a chill ran down his spine.

yeah, there was definitely something wrong here...

(an. OH LOOK FINALLY SOMETHING IS HAPPENING YAYYY)