24

𝖈𝖚𝖗𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖑𝖞 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔: 𝖒𝖎𝖘𝖙 - 𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖟

chenle awoke to loud, muffled noise racing back and forth outside his bedroom door, and an unfortunate dull pain in his lower back.

"ren, couldn't you have used something stronger?"

knowing he had to deal with this pain, he pushed himself out of bed, and was glad his legs were working.

he stumbled over to the mirror, analysing the deep purple and brown marks littering his skin.

blushing a little, he reached into a drawer and brought out some foundation that he uses when he has to stand infront of the public.

"let's see if this is strong enough"

he gently began to apply the liquid to the visible marks, and luckily, they began to disappear.

let's just hope it doesn't wear off quickly.

sighing in contentment, he put the foundation down after covering everything that was visible, washed his hands, and finally opened his door to see what all the ruckus was.

he was met with people rushing along the corridor, carrying what seemed like armour, weapons, gold, and other materials.

this didn't seem good.

chenle tapped one of them on the shoulder, bringing them to a halt and staring at chenle with worried eyes.

"hey, what's going on?"

"the king has declared war."

"what?!?!"

chenle's face dropped.

"on who?"

"that hooded guy was spotted again last night. instead of spying, he was seen in the castle grounds, pouring gas on everything. he had a whole cart of the stuff. luckily he was taken away before he could set fire to anything, but this was the king's last straw."

"...thank you. you may go."

chenle slammed the door behind him, and slid down it before he started to cry.

his father had declared war on his boyfriend.

chenle thought back to the art on the wall.

history will repeat itself.

he wiped his tears away after a few minutes, his sadness turning into anger.

furious, he threw on some formal attire and raced to the main hall, seeing his father talking to the army general.

he stopped before them, and waited for the conversation to end.

he caught a few details: the time, place, tactics, yeji's kingdom, safe places for women and children... wait, yeji's kingdom?

"now that we have them on our side, we can use them. send someone out there and tell them to join us. they will regret this."

the words from his father made him seeth.

the whole reason why he was marrying her was for them to become allies?

throwing it aside, chenle stepped infront of his father.

"i wish to see the spy."

"chenle, this is not the time. hey, you! take that to storage!"

"listen to me."

"no, to storage!"

"listen to me!"

chenle raised his voice at his own father.