5

𝖈𝖚𝖗𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖑𝖞 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔: 𝖙𝖔 𝖇𝖊 𝖔𝖗 𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖙𝖔 𝖇𝖊 - 𝖔𝖓𝖊𝖚𝖘

he had never been so scared.

the silence of the dead spot contrasting with the heavy crunches of the leaves almost made him sick.

the boy felt eyes staring at the top of his head and felt as if they were staring into his soul, too.

he didn't want to raise his head, but he knew he had to if he wanted to get away.

and so with great resistance, chenle brought his head up, and was met with either the most welcoming sight or the most terrifying sight possible.

the same... thing he was having a staring contest with was stood in the distance, it's black shroud making it look like something out of a horror film when stood within the trees.

chenle's heartbeat soared and he jolted backwards, being spooked by the figure.

he knew he couldn't scream as either nobody would hear him or EVERYBODY would hear him and expose his night adventures to the world.

to his surprise, it's reaction to him jolting back was that of also... surprise.

it's arms retracted back into it's body and took a step back, seemingly shocked by chenle's reaction.

this relieved him, immensely. it had some emotion and humanity, at least.

this gave the boy the courage to stand his ground and keep his eyes on the figure, and it looked nervous.

the hood kept shifting back and forth between chenle's direction and the floor, and it was fiddling with the cloak under the sleeves.

he took a deep breath and voiced, "w-what are you doing here?"

no response.

fear began pouring back into his body, "please don't h-hurt me..."

his back came into contact with a tree and he was now afraid that he won't ever leave this forest after all, but not in the way he intended.

"i would never dare to hurt you"

a deep voice met his ears and he audibly gasped.

not expecting a response, especially one he could understand, chenle began to calm down.

the words that were spoken also had a hand in calming him.

believing he was now in the clear, he spoke his first question again, "what are you doing here?"

"i'm guessing a similar reason as to why you're here"

an escape? the prince felt sorry for the figure for a moment's time until he thought: how would they know that?

"how would you know that?"

"well, this forest is almost off-limits to any humanoid beings, except us... it seems like an ideal place to get away from everything, doesn't it?"

chenle nodded, but still didn't trust it.

"how do i know that i can trust you and you won't delete me from existence?"

the figure sighed, and walked further towards chenle. this will surely be the end of him now.

"my name is park jisung, and i was born in 1563. i have a name and i'm not 500 years old like you probably expected; i'm risking my own existence by telling you this. i'm just a boy like you. trust me now?"

"...no."

chenle still didn't trust park jisung. he could be lying out of his ass and he could be falling for it, but it was true that the prince thought his voice was hot.

wait... what?!?!

he slapped himself on the forehead hard much to jisung's dismay, and he came running towards chenle, "oh my god are you okay? what were you thinking?"

about you, but he didn't say it. he didn't even notice that jisung was a few steps away from him now, and that he wasn't scared.

rubbing his forehead, he looked up, "yeah i'm okay, thought a mosquito was on my head sorry"

"oh... i seriously don't think it needed that much of an impact to die?"

"you never know..."

a long pause. a comfortable silence.

chenle thought to the previous few moments. the worry in his voice, the rush to help him and the casual conversation.

"...okay maybe i trust you a little bit"

jisung visibly brightened up, eventhough you couldn't see his face, and chenle was confident now that he had one.

"i'm glad you do... i never wanted to scare you i just wanted to see if you were okay. you really took a hard hit back there."

"oh i'm good by the way, i just have a bruise on my arm hahaha", chenle giggled and jisung thought it was incredibly cute, but he thought it only.

another comfortable silence.

"i was kind of on my way to somewhere so..."

jisung gasped, "oh i didn't realize! i'll let you go now and i guess i'll go back to sitting on that log over there."

he signaled with his arm to another log, not the one the boy tripped over, but one further in the distance.

"uhh... enjoy, i guess?"

jisung responded, "oh, anything away from that kingdom is a joy in my eyes."

and off he trundled, going back to the log and sitting down on it, still looking in the prince's direction.

chenle continued to walk towards his destination, but he turned towards the other boy, "it was nice talking to you, by the way."

jisung smiled, but chenle couldn't see it, "i'll be in the same place tomorrow. it was nice talking to you too, ..."

"my name is zhong chenle."

"chenle, it was nice talking to you too. i hope we can do it again."

chenle also smiled, and walked deeper into the trees, not seen again that night by jisung.

not with his eyes, but jisung was, unknowingly to chenle, thinking about him all night, and it made the figure happier than he had ever been.

(an. THE GAY IS HAPPENING LET'S GOOOOO

agree on the voice thing, chenle ❤️)