14

𝖈𝖚𝖗𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖑𝖞 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔: 𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖆𝖞 - 𝖓𝖈𝖙 𝖉𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖒

jisung waited, and waited, and waited, but chenle never appeared.

he was losing hope fast that chenle would appear that night, but he didn't want to leave because what if he was just late?

giving up, he etched a message into the log that read, 'if you get here tonight, i left. i couldn't wait any longer, i had to get back. im sorry, i miss you.'

content but upset, jisung began walking back to his kingdom, head hung.

he was incredibly saddened; he didn't expect to be so emotional over a day they didn't meet.

but he was.

and he kept thinking about the worst case scenarios.

what if something happened to his lele?

👑

kun was deep in thought the next day.

after seeing how chenle ran off crying, he couldn't help but feel like it was his fault, eventhough he didn't say anything.

why did he blame himself?

well, he knew it was not park jisung spying on them.

he was just too late to stop mark talking and tell him the truth.

and now chenle is probably still bawling his eyes out, even after such a long time.

kun could tell how connected they were.

if only he was a little bit quicker, he would have been able to say that his brother's description did not exactly match.

this spy had his hands out, and jisung never showed his hands in kun's knowledge.

he was at a counter currently, rolling some rock candy, when he decided he would go and talk to jisung about this.

the poor boy was probably worrying.

he grabbed his coat and took his apron off, "where are you going?"

yangyang appeared from around the corner, "i'll be back later"

and kun left to go and find jisung.

👑

kun slipped out of the sight of guards after a distraction, and into the side of the castle, sneaking along until he found vines creeping up to a room at the top of a turret, and worn down rocks on the wall.

so this is how chenle got out.

noting where chenle's bedroom is, he took a deep breath before scaling the wall, successfully making it to the top without being seen.

he jumped down into the grass, and kept as low as possible as he made his way to the outskirts of the forest.

he was early - the sun had a few hours until it went down - so he walked along the outside of the trees, until the back of the neighboring kingdom came into view.

he hadn't seen it in years, but it was still as creepy as how he remembered it.

eventhough it looked fairly normal, what laid within it was printed into his mind for eternity, and it irked him.

sitting down, he waited until the sun started to go down.

he was almost falling asleep until he saw a black silhouette almost floating along the land.