18

𝖈𝖚𝖗𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖑𝖞 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔: 𝖛𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖆𝖎𝖓 - 𝖕𝖎𝖝𝖞

chenle began sprinting as fast as he could towards the forest.

sweating bullets, he just needed someone to calm him down after that.

he felt he was too weak to be able to do it himself; he was shaking after all.

if he hadn't had the heart to use that much force on her, who knew what she would have done.

the prince began thinking about it, but he abruptly stopped and filled his mind with jisung instead.

it calmed him down a fraction, at least.

he didn't even realize he had gotten to his destination before jisung stepped right in front of him.

"hey lele! not paying atte- oh my god"

jisung noticed the distraught look on the other's face with wettened eyes, and he also saw the messy outfit with the top button undone.

chenle was never this unkempt, and jisung knew something was wrong.

"hey, hey. calm down, i'm here. you don't have to worry anymore"

chenle looked up into jisung's eyes, and the latter offered his hands out for him to grab.

instead, chenle stepped forward and slowly put his arms around the other, beginning to sob into his neck.

jisung's heart dropped hearing how upset he was - he sighed and put his own arms around the other's waist.

"shhhh shhh it's okay, it's okay"

rubbing circles on his back, he was thankful to hear that the sobs were dying out, and chenle was breathing more normally.

"want to talk about it?"

"when w-were home."

"okay, are you alright now?"

jisung pried chenle off of him, looking down at a broken boy.

it broke his own heart.

"yeah, yeah. i'm better now that you're here."

jisung smiled, "that's... heartwarming."

the taller bent down to chenle's height, and promptly began to wipe the tears off of his face.

he wasn't expecting it, and he stood there blushing at the hands on his face.

"see, you are okay, you're blushing"

"no i'm not."

"sure thing. anyways, am i supposed to be seeing that?"

"seeing what?"

"the beacon you were talking about. it lights up the same tree."

chenle just stood there in disbelief.

"you're telling me you can see that?"

"yes, it began getting brighter and brighter from yesterday night. i don't know why."

"i must just trust you that much. it's like i've accepted you as... i don't know the word."

"as a companion?"

"yeah, but even more."

"a..."

jisung didn't want to say the wrong thing here, but he went with it anyways.

"...soulmate?"

"that's the one. a soulmate. someone i rely on and love and trust more than anyone else."