Word Gets Out

Even though the servants had promised not to tell what they saw, they did anyways. This news of a possible marriage spread like wildfire. "I was right," people would say, or "This is so romantic." So when Elsa took a walk one day, everyone congratulated her. 'What is happening?' she asked herself. She saw Hans in the distance; people also swarmed him. As soon as they were within earshot of each other, Hans asked, "Do you know what's going on?" Elsa shook her head. "People have been congratulating me ever since i stepped outside my room." They looked around and saw that the citizens were watching them intently. "Maybe we should take this inside," Elsa suggested. "Agreed."

They walked inside to see Anna talking with the servants. "She seems to be arguing," Hans said. As they walked closer, Anna suddenly threw her hands up and turned away, spotting both Elsa and Hans. "Why don't you ask them yourselves?" she said, signaling then to come over. They looked at each other unsure. "What seems to be the matter?" asked Elsa. Anna eyebrowed at the servants, expecting them to speak; they didn't. She sighed.

"Are you two getting married?" Their eyes widened as both Elsa and Hans stumbled on their words. "Oh! Married-" "No- i mean not that-" "This is what's-" "No offense to her highness-" "Quite unexpected..." Elsa began blushing. Anna turned back to the servants, hands on hip, and remarked, "See? I told you, it was all rumors. What you thought you saw," she looked at Kai and Alice, "was not what it seemed to be. Dismissed." The group of servants scattered, bumping into each other. Anna let out a content sigh and faced Elsa and Hans again. "Oh right," she realized. "I better explain."

Anna told them how she had heard rumors about their being alone together. She also explained that a few servants kept asking about wedding plans. "At first i thought they meant for me," she said blushing. "However, someone had told them that Hans proposed to you, Elsa." Elsa then remembered talking about the ashes of the door. 'My servants thought the box was a ring?' Hans ran his hand through his hair. "So that's who was listening..." Hans figured out. "We better let everyone else know; they must have thought the same thing." He looked over at Elsa, realizing what he said. "I mean... not that it's a bad thing-i would, uhh, what i mean to say is..." Elsa laughed, understanding what he was trying to get at. "I understand. I'll go do it myself." With that, Elsa walked back out of the castle to the awaiting citizens.

Hans watched her walk out until he heard Anna. "Did you wish you had proposed?" His eyes grew wide. 'My ex is asking if i wanted to marry her sister?' "Uh, well," he started out, "it has been on my mind. Maybe not in the near future, but...yes. I wished i had." Anna nodded her head. "That's good. Though we had something, i can see it more clearly with you two that you love each other," she said smiling. "Elsa deserves you." Hans, though shocked, was grateful Anna wasn't upset. She waved and began heading deeper into the castle; Hans stood there, awaiting for his queen.