Talking to Anna

Anna looked up from reading a book. "Elsa?" she asked. "Is something wrong?" It was unusual for Elsa to confront her sister like this; Anna usually came to her and she would talk back. "No, no. Nothing's wrong." She walked to Anna's bed and sat down at the edge. "I just thought I'd talk to you about Hans." Anna placed a bookmark in her book, then set it down next to her. "Okay, what about Hans?" Elsa sighed. She wanted to tell her what she really felt, but instead said, "I'm sorry for not thinking he was your true love at first. And I'm really glad that you are considering to slow things down and get to know each other better, but why?" "What do you mean?" "Well, you were so intent on marrying him. Why wait now?" Anna shifted her siting position, saying, "Well, I took into consideration what you said about the whole 'me not knowing what true love is'. So, even though he saved me from-you know- I guess I wanted to make sure. Plus, Punzie convinced me to; that's how she got Eugene."

"Ah, 'Eugene'. The name he specifically wanted us to call him now." Elsa said nervously, regretting their talk about Hans. "I was actually pretty surprised when she told us his background." "Right? And then the whole 'saving her from Gothel' thing. Guess we're not the only one with family problems-" Anna stopped short. 'Oops,' she thought. 'Not the best subject to talk about.' Anna stuttered to cover up the awkwardness that just formed. "I mean, uh-" "It's okay," Elsa said. Anna looked up at her sister. "There's something else, isn't there?" 'No, I can't tell her. That would be terrible. She- they shared true love's kiss! I couldn't possibly ruin her happiness...again.' "The truth, Elsa." Instead of telling Anna about her feelings about Hans, Elsa blurted, "He's not the only one with powers." Anna sat back, shocked. "Wait, what?" she asked. Elsa sighed. "Hans...has fire powers." Awkward silence.

"No," Anna began, "that's not possible...is it?" Elsa then told her about that day she escaped the dungeon, and how Hans protected himself from her icy blast, using fire. "And look!" Elsa formed a small snow pile, and drew a fire symbol that instantly flamed up and melted the snow. "Whoa," Anna said, staring at the melted puddle. With a little more explaining and convincing, Elsa managed to make sure Anna never told anyone else. Entering her dormitory, Elsa replayed that specific day, and fell asleep with the thoughts still in her head.