Never My Intention

Neil's pov

"Yeah, okay bye." And with that, he's gone. I turn off the radio, and sit on my bed. I hope I didn't scare him off. It was never my intention to make him feel uncomfortable. I just wanted to teach him how to dance. To be honest, I didn't mind being so close to Todd. He's one of my best friends for Christ's sake. I push back the covers and slide myself into bed. I hope he didn't get the wrong idea. Not that I'm even sure what kind of idea I was trying to give him. The thing is, it didn't feel totally bizarre to have been dancing with Todd. It felt natural. Really natural. Like we were just dancing for fun, not as a lesson. I didn't think we were doing anything wrong. I reach over and turn the lamp off, and pull the covers tight around me. 

A couple of minutes later, I hear a frazzled Todd enter the room, but quickly change his demeanor when he notices the lights are off. I close my eyes shut, and hope that he'll think I'm asleep. Though there's this part of me that wants to turn the light back on, crank up the radio, pull Todd to his feet, and dance until the sun comes up. But I know that I should just stay quiet. Maybe this thing will all blow over by tomorrow morning when we get up. Maybe I'll wake up, and it will all have been a dream. A dream I could never, ever  tell Charlie or Knox or especially Todd about, but a very good dream at that. 

.

.

.

Sorry for the short chapter, will be updating with some longer parts soon! 
<3