Chapter Fifteen: Who's The Girl?

A/N: Sorry for not updating again. Enjoy!

-

Jisoo drove her pickup truck at the highest speed the back country roads would allow, kicking up a huge dust cloud in its wake. Jennie held on for dear life but put on a cool front.

"Someone's in a hurry," she said, gazing over at her chauffeur.

Jisoo's sexy when driving. She's sexy doing anything.

"I'm feeling empowered," Jisoo announced as she reached over and took Jennie's hand in her and placed it on her lap.

"Not nervous?" Jennie asked.

"Nope." Jisoo's confidence was radiating off of her.

Jennie glanced at herself in the truck's side mirror. Her hair was cooperating today, her lipstick a subtle pink, and her outfit casual but cute, capris and a green top.

Can't look like I'm trying too hard.

Jisoo pulled into the parking lot of the grocery store and hopped out. She motioned for Jennie to stay put, then came around and opened the door for her.

"Who does that anymore?" Jennie teased, taking Jisoo proffered hand.

Jisoo pulled her into a bear hug, Jennie's feet hovering far above the asphalt. She squealed. Jisoo turned, with Jennie in her arms, feet flailing, and walked towards the store.

"Okay, okay!" Jennie hollered.

Jisoo placed her down gently by the entrance and the automatic doors swooshed open.

"I like to think I'm traditional with a hint of surprise." Jisoo grabbed her hand.

"Great combo."

They browsed the aisles and filled their cart with the necessities, and a few treats. The young cashier took a good look at Jisoo as she scanned their items, but said nothing.

Jennie tried to divert her eyes from the rack of magazines, while Jisoo made casual chit chat with the cashier and acted brilliantly as if she didn't notice she was being recognized left and right.

Grocery bags deposited in the back of the pick-up, Jisoo led Jennie down main street. They strolled along, not a care in the world, passing boutiques and bistros. Except Jennie's cat-eyes were scanning their surroundings like a hawk.

"Take it easy," said Jisoo from behind her sunglasses, seeing Jennie's neck twist this way and that as they walked.

"How can you be so calm? After the last time..."

Jisoo stopped dead in her tracks and placed her hands on Jennie's shoulders.

"Those people aren't that clever. We're hiding in plain sight."

Jennie looked at Jisoo and her shoulders heaved a sigh under Jisoo's grip.

"They'll get you, my pretty."

Jisoo cackled. "Oh, what a world!"

Jennie felt a little more at ease seeing Jisoo laugh and joke. It was commendable, given the circumstances.

"Come," Jisoo said. "You need to try the best iced coffee on the planet." She pulled Jennie along.

"Can I have whipped cream?"

"What do you take me for, an animal?"

"Well..."

Jisoo jerked her hand and Jennie had to skip to avoid tumbling onto the sidewalk, all the while laughing.

In the coffee shop. Jennie could feel various sets of eyes on them as they waited in line. She gave a few patrons a death-glare, but gave up when she saw she was outnumbered. She sunk into Jisoo's arms around her waist and dropped her head onto her shoulder.