~ A Promise ~

It was a cold and quiet night in the Galar region, where a rainstorm was pouring over the small town of Postwick. One House was still awake, and the reason was tragic.

(Picture it at night and raining)

In the attic room, a doctor and a nurse tried their best to help nurse a woman back to health. However, their efforts were in vain, for she was slowly fading.

"Doctor, isn't there anything we can do?" the nurse asked, hoping she'd receive a positive answer.

The said doctor shook his head, "We did everything we could to cure her illness, much less slow it down. But. . ."

"Not even the remedies she's created helped?" The nurse looked back to the ailed woman who lay in bed.

The said, ailed woman was well-known in Galar, the kind and wise herbalist and former songstress back in Ballonlea. Kaitlynn 'Cosmo Magus, otherwise known as Galar's Angel. She was a well-known singer who amazed many souls with her angel-like voice. Her gentle nature and loving attitude added more to her beauty, especially in her work as an herbalist. She made remedies and tonics that helped both people and Pokémon alike.

She later settled down from fame as a singer and soon married and had a child. No one knows much of her husband or of his origins; however, he was as kind and good-hearted as Kaitlynn. But, after six years, he suddenly disappeared.

Kaitlynn didn't seem to mind; in her words, "He comes and goes as he pleases to provide for us and our daughter. And I know he'll come back in the most unexpected way." all with a smile.

As loving and pleasant as that sounded, the doctor and the nurse wondered, where in the name of Arceus is the husband now?

The sound of splashing footsteps echoed through the town streets. A small girl and two young boys dashed through the dreary rain with a shiny Pikachu perched on the girl's shoulder. The girl and the boy were both ten years old, but the girl was older by a year. The other young man was fourteen, and all three rushed to the cottage.

"Pika! Pikachu!" (Slow down, Lia! You'll fall!) Pikachu cried out, worried.

"I can't Pikachu! I have to hurry! I need to be there for her!" the girl cried out, with heart-braking tears falling from her eyes.

"We're going to make it Lia. Don't worry, Aunt Kait will still be there!" The young teen, Leon, assured her. But even he had a deep sense of dread inside him.

The minute they made it to the front steps of the door. They busted through and rushed up the stairs to the attic bedroom.

"Mommy!" Lia cried out, rushing to her mother's bedside.

The said woman, who took shakingly but rough breaths, slowly opened her eyes and turned to the child, who looked at her with such sadness and pain as tears kept falling from her beautiful indigo-violet eyes. But all the woman could do was smile at her to make her feel better.