🌹Make Your Own Rules🌹

Everything was black to Lia, floating in an endless abyss of darkness. It was similar to when she first came to Twisted Wonderland, but it felt different. "Where, where am I?"

Soon, the darkness faded, and the scenery changed to what Lia assumed to be a fancy, neat, and clean dining room. Nothing looked familiar until she saw a little child at the table. They looked no younger than Maddie and Matt and had bright, ruby-red hair. Lia gasped when she got a clear view of who they were. "Riddle?!"

"Indeed, that's me," Lia jumped a bit to find the real Riddle right next to her but frowned to see he was still in his 'Overblot state.

"Are, are we in a memory of yours?"

"Unfortunately,"

The scene changed a bit, showing 'Child Riddle having what looked like a cake and a whole heartily meal laid out in front of him. Then, they heard a woman's voice.

"Happy 8th Birthday Riddle~"

"This year's cake is a low-sugar recipe with nuts and lecithin-rich soy flour to improve your cerebral function."

'Okay, I'm all for healthy foods, but you call that a cake?'

"Thank you, mama, but could I, just once, try those tarts covered in bright red strawberries?"

At first, Riddle's mother was silent; then, she suddenly blew up at him.

"How could you even request such a thing?! With all that monstrous amount of sugar in those things, I might as well feed you poison! Just one slice can take up more than half of your daily intake! Now, it'll be a tuna sauté, rich in DHA and omega-3 fatty acids for dinner. You are right now, so your caloric intake should be no more than 600 kilograms per meal. Only eat up to 100 grams, understand?"

". . . .Yes, mama."

Lia couldn't believe what she saw, 'She's seriously not considering how dejected he was?'

"When I was a child, all I ever wanted was to try those tarts with the bright-red strawberries. They were always displayed in a bakery my mother and I occasionally passed. From that window, those tarts would shine like jewels."

The scene then changed to what looked like a study; at a desk, Lia saw Riddle writing stuff down as his mother was teaching him.

"That's enough of 'Classical Magic study for today. For homework, you are to read the first 50 pages of 'The Philosophy of Language text, which was mentioned in today's lecture on 'Magical Logic, in preparation for tomorrow. For now, you have an hour of independent study before your 'Potionology lessons."

"Thank you, Mama,"

"I have a few errands to run before I prepare the lesson materials; we'll meet later in an hour."

"Every second of my day was filled with every possible subject imaginable, secluded to the minute. When I didn't understand something, my study time was extended indefinitely until I fully grasped the material. To me, that was 'My normal."

"You mean you never had any breaks? Any free time of your own?"

"No,"

"There's more to life than just studying! Yes, we all need a good education, but not to a point where we'll exhaust our mentality!"