🌹 A Not So Good Unbirthday 🌹

After an eventful evening, of making chestnut tarts, and mandarin tarts, feeding all her Pokémon and friends, cleaning up, playing some games, reading a story, and singing the kids to sleep.

Lia finally got some shuteye of her own after having a nice cool cup of iced herbal tea. However, after a few hours of sleep, the mirror over the fireplace in her room began to glow once again. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Just like in the last dream, all Lia could see was white for the moment. Until it started to clear up, she was back in the garden maze. But this time she heard a woman shouting, finding the source, Lia gasped at the sight before her.

'The Queen of Hearts?!'

Indeed, it was, the one who represents the strictness of Heartslabyul. However, from where Lia was standing, the woman looked far from an influential idol. Not with that furious glare in her eyes.

"For painting my roses red, someone shall lose their head!" The Queen of Hearts declared vigorously as she swung an actual rose tree over her head!

Then, at that moment, Lia noticed the three playing cards, and the young girl groveling at the Queen's feet.

The Three of Clubs card got up first, "Please your majesty! If anyone's to blame, it's him!" he pointed at Two of Clubs.

Two quickly got up and shook his head, "Oh have mercy your grace! It was Ace!" he pointed at the said card that had a bucket of paint over his head.

"So, it was you?" The Queen questioned as she moved threateningly closer to the group.

Ace got up quickly as he removed the bucket from his eyes. "Gah! No, your majesty! It was their idea!" he panicked.

"Well then, they shall pay!"

"Oh please! It was three I say!" Two of Clubs pleaded.

"Silence! Off with All their Heads!" The Queen of Hearts angrily proclaimed.

Lia gasped in shock, 'What?! But they're just roses!'

Moments later the three cards were being dragged away by some other playing cards, who didn't have an ounce of pity for them as they just marched on. And the Queen of Hearts just laughed at the scene.

"A fitting end, for something you can't mend."

"Everyone knows that roses are supposed to be red."

'Are you kidding me!? All this fuss over a simple mistake!? Why isn't anyone standing up to the Queen and stopping her?!'

Just then, everything started to go dark.

________________________________________________________________________________

Lia immediately snapped her eyes open, as she slowly sat herself up. 'Another strange dream. But something tells me there's a meaning behind it.'

"Pika?" (Are you okay Lia?)

"I'm fine Pikachu, just still a bit tired from last night,"

"No kidding, those boys didn't stop their card game till ten-thirty. And I thought the kids were a bit of a handful at night." Persian sighed.

"At least it was just one game."

Pikachu deadpanned. "Pikachu," (That's because that game was the only game Grim knew how to play.)