chapter 6

Grian jumped out from the door way landing on the ground outside, infront of jimmy and scott. Jimmy was awkwardly staring at scott still looking shocked while scott had a smile on his face as he turned away from jim and looked at the 3 who where leaving the shop. "Hey" grian said happily clutching his plastic bag which looked like he had something colourful inside. "Uh earth to jimmy?"Tango said getting closer to his friend and waving his hand infront of Jimmy's eyes. "What's up with him?" Lizzie said looking at scott. Scott went a little pink "Oh uh...we where just talking" He said genuinely not giving her or grian and tango to much details expecially not admitting to them he called jim cute. Lizzie raised an eyebrow at him before looking at jimmy in a concerned way.

Jimmy blinked a few times as tangos hand flashed in front of his eyes and he his friends voices started coming back to him making him step back a bit. "Sorry!" Jimmy said quickly turning to face them "I must have just blanked out for a sec" He said truthly as it felt like he had from shock. He looked at scott getting a quick little smile at him before he looked at his friends bags that they where holding "you all got stuff?" Jimmy said, tango finally moving his hand away from Jimmy's face.

"Yep!" Grian smiled excitedly "I got a brand new sweater!" He said pulling a red and yellow mixed knitted together sweater that looked 2 sizes bigger then grian but it was the perfect colours for him "wow! It looks amazing" jim said nicely before saying jokingly "is it a blanket" scott gasped a bit at Jimmy's remark not used to grian and Jimmy's way of acting, they where even worse then lizzie and jimmy when they stole eachothers stuff. "Jimmy!" Grian said holding the arm of the sweater and hitting his friends face with it also nearly hitting tango in the action. Lizzie laughed "gosh you two" she said taking grians sweater in the arms and folding it back up neatly into the bag "I got a new pair of jeans and tango got some sliders she said not bothering to take her new stuff out of the bag. Lizzie was a very neat person and was probably worried about ruining the stuff or not wanting to have a fold it again.

"Cool" scott said, jimmy realised he hadn't really talked to the group probably because of nerves of joining an already close group, after all jimmy knew what it felt to feel like that. When he first joined this school back in year 7, jimmy was terrible at making friends by the time he made friends, everyone already had friends which meant he had to join a friend group which wasn't his sisters group. He whent alone in year 7 for most of the start of the year before finding grian and tango.

"Do you guys want to he'd be McDonald's now?" Tango asked "I'm starving" He said putting his hands on his stomach. Everyone agreed with nods and replies of similar things so they headed off. Lizzie and tango took the lead while grian, scott and jimmy walked behind together. Jimmy and scott both holding the two ends of the cod plush of course. Grian noticed this and smirked at the two, he wondered why they didn't just hold hands, where they trying to be discret about it? Because If they where they weren't doing a good job. "Guys?" He said going to try ask them in a similar question. "How are you finding eachother?" He said kinda oddly. "Uh...fine?" Jimmy said, the fine ending up sounding more like a question too. Jimmy looked at scott and scott stumbled before reply "yeah, good.... your all really kind" He said.

Grian looked at the two and smirked again "your getting close?" Grain asked oddly again. Jimmy stopped a little making scott also stop as he realised jimmy wasn't next to him anymore and the plush was pulling him back. "Grian..." Jim said through a smile, grian couldn't tell was real or not. "Okay okay sorry" grian said quickly running to the front of the group.

"Sorry about...him" jimmy said as he continued walking. Scott laughed "its okay, does he always act that wierd?" Scott asked. Jimmy shook his head and sighed "nope" He said "oh...is it because of me?" Scott suddenly said feeling awkward as he thought grian was maybe doing it in a way to make scott feel bad. Jimmy looked at scott sincerely "no! Well yes?, but in the good way" jimmy said confused but knowing what he meant hoping scott would too "He meant it in a very good way, because I talk about you and well..." He cut his speech off and hurried his pace up realising he was digging himself a hole, scott couldn't find out he liked him, or he could...but jimmy wasn't ready for the answer just yet. Scott didn't reply this time and hurried to catch up with Jimmy's pace which grew faster until they reached the other three at the McDonald's door.

They headed in and all of them ordered. Grian ordered a happy meal as he said he wasn't that hungry but all 3 of them expect scott of course knew that grian actually just wanted the toy out of it. Tango ordered a big mac and small frys and coke, as he wasn't that big of a fan of the chips. Lizze ordered large frys,chicken select and a Fanta. Scott ordered a cheese burger, medium frys and a strawberry milkshake. Jimmy ordered chicken nuggets,large frys and a choclate milkshake.

Once all of them had ordered they sat at a large enough table upstairs, luckily the McDonald's was pretty empty so it was peaceful and they didn't see anyone from school there. They all sat with there food spread across the table, jimmy was sat next to scott, lizzie was sat opposite jimmy, grian was next to lizzie being squished In the middle of her and tango, but he didn't seem to mind as he quickly opened his happy meal and pulled out a minion toy "a minion!" Grian said happily staring at the strange yellow guy who jimmy couldn't tell if it was steve,dave, Bob or whatever there names where but of course grian did, he wasn't just smart in TV shows and kid shows he was also almost smart and almost everything else, maths, english, French, you name it, grian would know.

Jimmy sat happily munching his food, the cod lying on Jimmy's and Scott's lap as they where using both there hands to eat. There legs touched and jimmy didn't feel the wierd coldness that he had felt whe holding Scott's hands through his legs in fact they just felt normal, he shrugged it off and continued eating happily chatting between them before the head a loud scoff and whispers come from behind them. "Hey are they looking at us?..." Tango said putting his food down and looking at a group of boys there age whispering as they looked at there group, looking at the back of someone's head, in particular scott. Jimmy's group whent quiet as they tried to listen, scott and jimmy not turning around as they didn't want to seem like they knew that they where talking about them.

"Isn't that our friend?" One of the boys said sounding confused.

"Nah our friend wouldn't sit with losers like them" another said confidently.

"What other boy do you know who's are age with blue hair, idoit" a different voice said.

Jimmy's group all stared at scott and scott gulped looking back at jimmy with a scared look. "Tango are they still looking?" Jimmy asked nervously.