chapter 11

Jimmy had found his friends at lunch and sat next to grian his head placed in his hands while grian had his arm round his shoulder. He tried to eat his sandwiches that lizzie had made him but every chew and swallow felt like he was eating a rock, so after 3 bites he had stopped. Grian, tango and lizzie gave eachother a worried look, jimmy hadn't been like this since year 5 when he found out his old friend didn't like him. But this time it was worse atleast jimmy ate then and he tried to get his mind of things now he looked as if he would rather turn to stone then go through another day. Lizzie tried to talk about different subjects to help Jimmy's mind think about something else but he wasn't paying attention to anything she was saying. Grian rubbed Jimmy's back "jimmy you really have to eat.." grian said pulling out a soft breakfast bar from his own lunchbox. Jimmy looked up at him and softly shook his head.

"Come on jimmy, please?" Grian asked ad he put the breakfast bar closer to Jimmy's mouth. Jimmy moved his face away so the food faced his cheek "jimmy if you don't eat it your get ill, please eat it for me?" Grian asked softly as lizzie and tango watched hoping jimmy would take it. Jimmy finally sighed and turned his head towards grian, softly taking a bite out of the breakfast bar grian was holding. The strawberry flavour filled his mouth as he chewed it slowly and swallowed, he had to use alot of effort to swallow it down but it actually did taste alright. He had soon ate the whole bar and grian throw the wrapper into the bin from his seat luckily making it land in the bin. As jimmy watched him, his sad expression didn't change. He felt terrible, worse then terrible he felt sick, sick of everything well of course expet his friends and his sister he couldn't be sick of them. He was just sick of himself.

Tango suddenly softly nudged lizzie and grian after seeing scott walk over clutching his bag to his chest, as he made his way over to the seat. Tango made his hand into a fist having to bite down on his lip as he tried to hold back his anger towards scott.

"Hi..." scott said awkwardly and quietly as he sat down. The voice of scott suddenly made Jimmy's head jerk up as he saw the blue haired boy siting next to him and stared in shock his eyes lighting up abit.

"Scott if your here to make him any sadder then he already is go away" Tango spat making scott give him an apologetic look "I'm not here to do that" He said shaking his head "I have a....thing for him" He said putting his bag on top of the table opening it up.

Jimmy watched him quietly and shuffled himself about so he was sat up properly, he was curious for what scott had for him. Grian removed his arm of Jimmy's shoulder, All 3 of Jimmy's friends leaning over to try and see what scott had for jimmy. None of them knew, they thought scott and jimmy where completely over like not even friends over. Maybe it was a break up gift? Was that a thing? The 3 shared a confused glance before looking at the 2 boys.

Scott pulled a note book out of his bag, it looked heavy and was made of brown cardboard, the paper inside looked thick and heavy. He passed it over to jimmy before watching him silently a nervous wave rising and falling in his stomach matching Jimmy's also nervous stomach.

Jimmy flipped onto the first  white page which had different flowers stuck in using tape, the page was beautiful as all the bright flowers stuck of off it, some being real and some being amazing paintings. There names where written under them as they all surrounded the writing "for jimmy <3" in the middle of the page. The writing was neat and swirled. His mouth dropped open a little.jimmy was confused but also shocked, it looked as though scott had put so much work into the book but jimmy couldn't understand why, he thought scott didn't love him...
Wasn't this what you did when you loved someone...
He felt like it was.

He stopped hesitating and flipped the next page carefully not wanting to ruin any of the delicate flowers. On the next page was the word "jimmy" the letters looked like they where from magazines as the bright colours and patterns didn't match with the next letter. Jimmy's face blushed and he traced his name with his fingers before flipping the page again. "Will" the next page said done with the same magazine written. Jimmy could tell it was going to spell a word, he didn't know what yet, of course, he only had the words "jimmy, will"

Jimmy flipped the page.
"You" the page said as jimmy held his breath wondering what the next words would say.

"Go" the next page said

"To"

"The"

Jimmy suddenly stopped over this page as his fingers traced the text. What did scott want him to go to...Jimmy knew there was summer dance in 2 days but it couldn't be that surely, it couldn't? But gosh did jimmy want it to be.

He closed his eyes before flipping the page "please be something good, please be the dance" jimmy thought to himself, his brain praying as he flipped the page and opened his eyes.

The page shimmered reflected back into his eyes as the page read "dance with me?" He couldn't belive his eyes, scott wanted to go to the dance with him, together as a date, as boyfriends?! Jimmy rubbed his eyes to make sure it wasn't his imagination creating the words but nope there they where bang smack on the middle of the page. Jimmy was going to dance with scott!