chapter 7

Tango stared over Scott's head at the group of strangers before he nodded and quickly looked away back at jimmy then too scott. Lizzie looked at scott "there your friends..." lizzie said quietly stating something scott already knew. Suddenly Jimmy's face lit up "Oh then they should be fine then! We should invite them over" jimmy said turning to take a look at the group of boys. The group seeing jimmy look at them with a smile made the shortest one with dark brown hair roll his eyes "you guys there looking at us" He said as another one of the group spoke "who even is that kid Scott's hanging out with?"

As jimmy whent to open his mouth to call out to the group of Scott's friends a hand smacked into his mouth making him blink quickly confused and surprised as the coldness of the person's hand sinked into his face and lips. Jimmy sat back down and turned back to his group the hand which he saw was Scott's was still covering his mouth ad scott gave him a worried and slightly angry look before scott quickly removed his hand. Scott sunk into his sew the hair on the back of his head sticking up as he slid lower into his seat. "Sorry jimmy..." He said tiredly "you just can't call them over like that.." He said fiddling his fingers around before looking up at everyone "they...well..they don't like me hanging out with people like you've said to them all before looking back at jimmy. A true look of guilt on his face, he told himself he wouldn't touch jimmy, and he just did, he didn't want to hurt him.

Jimmy looked at him worried before putting his own hand over his mouth feeling the cold that was left from Scott's hand before removing his hand and shaking his head "it's my fault, I shouldn't call them over, I didn't even ask, I was just going to" jimmy said looking at the plushie to avoid his friends eyes. Lizzie signed "come on guys, let's just try to ignore them" she said trying to fill her voice with confidence so they wouldn't all worry and ruin there time. Tango and grian nodded knowing there was nothing else they could do, well expect leave but they weren't going to do that just because some of Scott's little friends where talking about them.

Scott looked at jimmy sadly "no its not you fault, I mean you didn't even say anything to them" scott said still sucken in his sit as if he was trying to hide. Jimmy still looked guilty as he listened to lizzie taking a sip of his choclate milkshake.

"Yeah I don't think where be able to ignore them" Tango whispered as he stopped eating and looked up making all of them follow tangos eye sight over to where the group was walking over to them. Suddenly a whimper like sound came out from scott as he looked at the floor hoping he was somehow invisible to his friends.

The group of boys got closer until they where surrounding there table. One boy who was short with brown hair and a smug look on his face stood in the middle of everyone giving each of Jimmy's friends a look. There was something familiar about this boy, or maybe it was the fact jimmy and lizzie knew him from junior. He used to be lizzies best friend, he would hang out everyday with her after school always joking with her and jimmy. But after year 8 something happened between them that made them head there separate ways, expet lizzie had grew a crush on him, the now mean boy, joel. Another one was stood slightly behind scott his hands stuffed in this pockets while the third was on the other side of the short one leaning himself up with the head of the seat near grians head. Grian gulped leaving away from the boys hand that was near his head and lizzie crossed her arms, even though she had a crush on the shortest one joel, she hated how he acted now, and was ready to be rude back to him if he was rude to any of her friends.

The 3 boys stared at scott scoffing at the sucken blue haired boy "it's a shock to see you here, scott" joel said with a bitter voice. "Expecially with...these lot" another boy said. Jimmy scowled, he hated the way Scott's group had said, these lot, like there where some kind of virus. Joel raised his eyebrow "yeah why are you hanging with these lot?" Joel asked making lizzie huff of frustration "because he wants to" lizzie said answering for scott giving joel a frustrated look ignoring the light blush that flickered on her face. Joel looked taken back abit here and awkwardly rubbed his head before going back to being cool "I don't remember asking you, pinkie" He said although his face whent a pinker colour.

Jimmy looked between joel and lizzie before signing as his sisters face grew pinker "Well it's clear he wants to" jimmy said trying to remain calm "don't you scott?" He asked genuinely and scott nodded. Lizzie smiled with a sense of pride "see there you go" she said giving joel a joke wink.

Joel looked even more taken aback this time "Oh.."He said blushing more at lizzies wink "um..." "let's go boys" He said to his friends, throwing lizzie a wink as he quickly walked out the store with his friends. Grian,tango and jimmy all laughed while lizzie blinked trying to get her blush to go away and scott pulled himself back up to his normal sitting height and signed.

Jimmy looked at his and put his hand over Scott's shoulder "your okay..." He said gently making scott look at him letting jimmy leave his hand on his shoulder. "I'm okay...for now, if joel didn't have a crush on lizzie and if lizzie wasn't here you and me would be a lot more in trouble" "it's just because joel has a soft spot for lizzie" He said giving a soft smile at lizzie although she wasn't looking at scott amd instead chatting with tango and grian about the situation that just happened, making jokes about it and laughing. Scott deflated into Jimmy's arm leaning into Jimmy's side his hair tingling Jimmy's face.

Jimmy leaned his cheek into Scott's hair "Well if they ever try anything on you ill get lizzie on joel, hey them making out will distract him" He joked making scott laugh "yeah I'm sure that will"

They stayed like this for a while enjoying eachothers comfort but the wierd thing is jimmy no longer felt that coldness that he felt when they touched before, maybe  the clothes where taking the cold away? Or maybe the coldness had just gone, maybe scott had warmed up.

Jimmy snuggled into Scott's hair as scott snuggled into Jimmy's side as they listened to the others talk.