Chapter 46

Chapter 46: The Kitten Is An Intellectual

    The next day, Zhou Huaiyan went out of the palace to the Duke's Mansion, but this time, he didn't bring Ah Fei with him.

    Hongdou didn't know what happened between the two of them. Obviously, the palace people heard the silver bell ringing almost all night last night, but today, His Highness's mood was extremely bad. She didn't even bring Ah Fei with her when she returned to the Duke's Mansion.

    However, the maid of honor was only slightly puzzled, but did not dare to ask in front of the master.

    ... Going

    back to last night -

    everything is now basically clear in Zhou Huaiyan's mind.

    Long before the assassination on the day of Duke Wei's return to Beijing, Jian Kong's entire big net started. It's just that the assassination did not target Zhou Huaiyan, nor Duke Wei, but the third prince.

    Yes, the third prince, Zhou Huaishen.

    Yanzhou has a vast territory and fertile land. As long as it is exploited a little, it is not a problem to hide and support a private army. In addition, Yanzhou is also a hub from the north to the capital and the capital to the south of the Yangtze River.

    When Duke Wei returned to Beijing, the army and slaves he brought back totaled tens of thousands. But because Jiang Yi was eager to thoroughly investigate the top secret plan of the alien king, he only brought a small army back to Beijing first. Therefore, it is difficult to be discovered by mixing part of the private army into the later large army in batches and then transporting it to Yanzhou.

    Therefore, the next step is to bring the Wang family, who has covered the sky with one hand in Yanzhou, under his command.

    After the assassination, the Wang family fell, but the thin camel was bigger than the horse, and the century-old foundation would not be destroyed in one fell swoop. Even without any escape route, they could only turn to the savior, Master Jian Kong.

    "Since then, the third prince and the Wang family have become the most obedient swords in Jian Kong's hands." What

    A Fei admired most was that the master was able to be so clear-headed and meticulous when he was doing this kind of thing. logic.

    The sound of the silver bell and the collision there almost occupied all his hearing, and the dizzy kitten could only barely grasp the boy's final conclusion.

    "Then... um... What about his motives? It's just... just for the old relationship with the queen?"

    A short sentence sounded a bit fragmented.

    Zhou Huaiyan gently lifted up her red skirt with slits, her tone was still slow, but her voice was a little hoarer than usual.

    "—Naturally it's a struggle for imperial power." The fact

    that Jian Kong can be held to such a high status by the late emperor, and even that master can still be old with the current queen, can only show that his original secular status is definitely not ordinary, if not The prince, 80% may be the royal family.

    But Jian Kong's current status is a monk, so naturally he can't directly seize the imperial power, but needs a puppet. So, he chose the third prince, first forced the other party into a desperate situation, and then came like a savior.

    This kind of trick, although old-fashioned, is the most effective and the fastest to make a person die. The reason why the queen was involved in it may be because of old feelings, but the biggest possibility is still for the dead prince.