Chapter 55

Chapter 55: Zhou Huaiyan's Oath

October.

A month ago, the alien king Qu Pingye led an army of 200,000 troops to the south to press the border. The news came back, and the whole country was shaken. The emperor decreed that Duke Wei of the State of Wei should immediately take command of the expedition.

At the same time, as everyone expected, Guan Yu's general Yun Fei also accompanied him.

On the day of the expedition, the capital was hunting with flags and flags. The emperor personally led the civil and military officials to send off with a ceremony on the tower.

Zhou Huaiyan also stood on the tower. Instead of standing in the proper order according to the rules, he stood at the front. But no one dared to say anything.

Even the eighth prince, who usually doesn't deal with him, only gave him a complicated look.

He watched his uncle's back go away and A Fei's shadow gradually disappeared.

The two went to the north and the battlefield. Zhou Huaiyan did not show much sadness, nor did he show any reluctance. He just stood quietly in the tower until everyone left,

until the maid of the palace gave him a coat . With the last thick cloak, Zhou Huaiyan was startled to realize that the lights of thousands of houses in the distance, it

was already night.

"His Royal Highness, it's cold at night, let's go back and rest early."

"...Okay."

Zhou Huaiyan grabbed the big palace maid's wrist and was slowly supported by her. It was the first time he had stood for such a long time, and his legs were as stiff as if they were not his own.

Returning to Qiwu Palace, Zhou Huaiyan asked again,

"Have those things been delivered yet?"

"General Huo Xiao already had someone transported to the north half a month ago, 300,000 pieces of down jackets, marching quilts, and more. There are 200,000 newly developed steel-bladed swordsmen, and all the pre-ordered grain and livestock are already on their way."

Hearing this, the young man was slightly relieved. Since ancient times, the troops and horses have not moved, and the food and grass will go first. Since he can't follow his uncle to the north, he can only do some logistical work.

Zhou Huaiyan started accumulating wealth consciously from the age of one.

You are a prince, and he has such a slutty name. Whenever he can get a reward, other princes ask for some elegant things such as calligraphy and painting, qin books, chess manuals, etc. Only the ninth prince Zhou Huaiyan is the most tacky, as long as it is real money and silver. , or the priceless jade jade.

Coupled with his mother's deployment in Jiangnan, Zhou Huaiyan thought a little bit, and it was not difficult to start some business and make money.

In this way, after nineteen years of accumulation, his hidden wealth has now reached a terrifying level, at least within eight years, Zhou Huaiyan can be responsible for all the logistical needs of his uncle's army alone.

It's just that on the bright side, those were made by Wei Guo Bus for Huo Xiao.

Zhou Huaiyan was playing with the balls he made for ice cream before, but his expression was absent-minded.

He was still very worried, and even he had been exhausted for the past few days, and he could not sleep all night until dawn.

After all, Zhou Huaiyan had never been to the North, and all he knew about it came from his uncle's description and brief descriptions in some miscellaneous books.