Chapter 18

Heyyyy, please ignore the long comment from my friend Heather in the last chapter. And don't ask me why she commented twice. I don't know.

Winter was here, once again. I absolutely love the winter, when I'm inside and I don't have to do anything. If I'm outside, I fall, I get wet, I slip, I get snow down my shoes... I HATE WINTER. 

I sat on the window seat in my old room, curled up with hot chocolate, as I watched the snow fall from the sky. Eventually, I saw the black van pull up in the long driveway, and I smiled. 

They literally must've been outside for a long time, then went in the van for a few minutes, because snow stuck to all of their hair. Well, Mike Ian and Matt's hair. Since Josh shaved the side of his head, he always wore hats.

I went downstairs as they walked in.

"Hi." I said. Josh kissed me, while leaning over the couch. (So basically he was upside down).

"Hey." he mumbled. I smiled. 

"I hate winter!" Matt groaned, plopping down on the couch in front of me. 

"The one things we have in common, bro." I laughed. 

"You didn't even have to go outside today." he said.

"Yeah but if I did, you would ALL be in trouble." I said.

"Touche." he said. I smiled. 

I got bored, so I went back upstairs. I looked up an old song I liked. It was called Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls. The first thing that came up was the original song, then it was covers. 

And the first one looked pretty familiar. 

"Josh! You covered this?" I asked. He came over and looked over my shoulder. 

"Oh yeah. A few years ago I did that at a concert." he said. I smiled, and clicked on the video. 

Josh laughed, and pulled me up from the chair. He held onto my hands and started waltzing with me. I laughed and started dancing with him.

"And I don't want the world to see me, cuz I don't think that they'd understand. When every things meant to be broken, I just want you to know who I am..." Josh sang along, as he spun me. 

I laughed. He smiled and continued singing, eventually kissing me. When the song was over we both lay down on the bed. He wrapped his arms around me and pressed his lips against my head. 

"I love you." he mumbled. 

"I love you too." I said back. 

I rolled over on my stomach and buried my face in his jacket. I always thought he smelt good, and I loved it if I was wearing his jacket or his shirt. 

It's weird, I know. But he always smelt good, and I like it because he never wore cologne or anything  like the stuff the players and jerk's I know wear. 

He ran his fingers through my hair, and hugged me tight to him. We lay there for a few minutes, and we stayed quiet. 

"I know you'll probably never let me live this down, but I love slow dancing." I said after a while He chuckled, not to laugh at me, but just laughing. 

"Really? I thought you'd be more into mosh pits." he said. I smiled. 

"I guess I still have a little tiny piece of my brain that still is super girly and likes romantic stuff." I said. He smiled and ruffled my hair. 

Since we were in my old room, we gently put his arms under my legs, and lifted me up. He kissed my forehead. 

"Then we should embrace it and do it again sometime." he said. I laughed.