1-10

---o---

Before you read, I highly suggest you play the game "Doors" on Roblox as this is the inspiration behind the book you're reading rn! Learn about how each entity works and its behavior, and just experience it all before reading this book. ok, on with the story! :)

---o---

   I looked around to find myself on the floor in a moving elevator. Immediately alarmed, I got up and began trying to find the emergency stop button, which I presumed every elevator had. Unfortunately, this one did not have such a feature. Within a moment's notice, the elevator stopped. I jolted back a bit, startled by the sudden stop in motion. After waiting for a couple dozen seconds, a "ding" sound played and the doors to the elevator began opening. The patterned diamond-like barrier slide from my sight. This was followed by 2 copper-colored walls of metal separating, revealing a rather glamorous and luxurious-looking lobby to a hotel. 

   Despite the intriguing look and the fresh smell of incense filling the air, there was no one to greet me behind the counter. In fact, it seemed to be that I was the only person in the lobby. The lights were still on, and the walls, furniture, and flooring all looked tidy and fresh, so this building was definitely not abandoned. As I stepped out of the elevator, I could hear the barrier slide back in, with the walls of copper meeting each other shortly after. Turning around, the once brightly-lit elevator shaft had been barricaded by the orange-like walls, with no "up" or "down" button to press. 

   I examined the room a little more, and eventually found a door further down the room, marked with a polished golden frame screwed onto the wood, with the numbers "001" carved into it. What was quite peculiar about the door, however, was that there was a rather rusty metal lock on it, clearly attached to the doorknob to prevent access to anyone. The place seemed welcoming but eerie at once, and the feeling of wanting to leave washed over me. I walked back to the elevator to try and find a way to bring the elevator to open its doors again, but to no avail. 

   With no other options, I continued to look around the room once more, and eventually found a key hanging from a bulletin board behind the counter. Access to the key, however, required me to duck under a curved piece of metal, secured onto a piece of wood, which is fastened onto some wheels. No words come to mind as to what this strange piece was, but I didn't have much regard to it. My only assumptions are that it was used to carry items around, hence the small boxes laid on the wood.

   Getting past, I got back up on my feet and grabbed the keys from the bulletin board. I inspected the key and noticed that it had a piece of plastic with "001" etched on it, in which I believed unlocked the padlock on the door from earlier. My deductions were correct, as the key fit perfectly into the lock and came right off with a twist, granting me access to another room. As I entered the room, a small beeping sound went off, and I backtracked, wondering if I was trespassing. Turns out, it was just a red light incased in a circular piece of glass above the door, similar to those of a hospital alarm. Except, it lacked the loud wailing sounds and the spinning of light, just a small beep.

   I saw the next room was shaped rather weirdly for a room beyond a regular hotel's lobby. Instead of a diner or some stairs, I was met with a sitting area with a bunch of bookshelves and tables. I reckoned that it was most likely just a viewing hallway for visitors and continued onwards. The door forward looked exactly identical to the last door from which we entered from, only this time, the golden frame had "002" chiseled into it. This was definitely strange, as no regular hotel would number irrelevant doors. In fact, standard hotels would only number rooms where people would sleep in. However, curiosity got the better of me, and I continued onwards, going through the door and hearing the beeping sound again. 

   This room was just another hallway with more chairs, tables, and bookshelves. This time, however, there were some empty closets around the room, accompanied with windows. I walked over to the windows and saw that it was raining pretty harshly outside. Other than that, I was unable to make anything out, as it seemed to only be pitch black. Out of the blue, lightning struck, sucking the daylights out of my soul for a second. I recollected myself and continued, passing through Door 003. Although, I was wondering as to why this hotel had two viewing hallways and why random, empty closets were even there. There weren't any boards inside which would provide as an item holder. If anything, it was made almost as if it was meant for a game of hide-and-seek.