31-40

---o---

   200 reads?! BRUHH y'all r gonna kill me 💔😭 tysmm for all the reads! it motivates me a lot to continue this godforsaken book LMAO 

anyways let's get onto the story :-) ft. mike wazowski but his villain arc

---o---

   Ignoring the ugly sight, I ran past the eye and made my way towards a closet hastily. I was ready to hop in as soon as the sound of shattering lightbulbs were audible. So, I waited . . . and waited . . . and waited . . . but it never came. I was getting a little skeptical as to whether or not it was coming and it was just being slow . . . or if it was just another false alarm. I got annoyed and continued onward. 

   As I went through Door 0032, the lights flickered yet again and more eyes began to appear on the walls, making a sound similar to that of slime. It sounded nauseating, and the way the eyes always stared at me wherever I went didn't help at all. The feeling was intense and pressuring. Knowing that a bunch of supernatural eyeballs randomly appearing with the presence of flickering lights gave me the biggest icks I've never felt. However, I wasn't about to jump into a closet and let the hands take me. Moreover, the eyes didn't necessarily harm me; they were just sorta there. 

   I was feeling a little curious, so I walked up the an eye that was next to the closet. I started at it intently as it stared me at back. They didn't seem to blink, which was a little strange, I will say. Taking out one of my lockpicks, I slowly inched it closer to the eye, but all it did was keep staring. So . . . I poked it. Almost immediately, it seemed to wince back in pain, shutting its eyelids. After a few seconds, it opened its eyes again and continued to stare at me. Not seeing this newfound information helpful in any way, I just continued onward. 

   The room I was had its room's perimeter covered in bookshelves with many books. Cobwebs infested the top corners and a nice carpet with yellow trim laid in the middle. A chandelier lit up the room, giving a nice, fancy-like aesthetic. As I studied the floor, I realized just how clean and shiny the wooden floor was. It wasn't creaking like how most wooden floors would, and the bottom of my shoes have stayed the same color since I woke up in the elevator. Anyways, I continued to walk forward, still heavily creeped out by the eyes watching my every move.

   Room 0033's lights flickered yet again, and even more eyes filled the room. By then, it was beginning to be way to overwhelming, and I quickly ran out of the room to avoid their stares. I don't recall the room's exact details, but all I know was that it was dark. And because it was dark, I was also scared of Screech manifesting and attacking me. But what was unsettling the most was the fact that the eyes were glowing in the dark, still watching my every move. It was also in that dark room that I realized the material that surrounds the eye is slimy and extends in veins . . . almost as though it was a living entity that was biologically connected to the wall. That thought creeped me out a ton because that would mean the "hotel" was probably an entity itself, and I was going through its digestive tract. I didn't want to think about it, so I continued; much slower this time. I will mention, by the way, that I constantly got hallucinations of eyes flashing in the corner of my eyes just for them to disappear as soon as I look at them. This only occurred once the eyes began to manifest on the walls.

   When I entered Room 0034, I was met with a rather long hallway, exact in looks regarding Door 0017. It was a long hallway with a door on the other end. Extremely high ceiling and a wide room width were the most notable things about this "room". Wooden pillars helped support the roofs, while drawers, tables, and closets decorated the walls periodically. Giant windows that curved at the top displayed heaving raining outside, flashing lightning at random intervals. It was too dark to see outside, not to my huge surprise. Plants in pots accompanied the corners of the hallway, exactly like how almost all rooms are decorated. A dark lime carpet led the way from Door 0034 to Door 0035. I was relieved when I saw that the lights no longer flickered and that the eyes from before no longer appeared on the walls. They were beginning to really get to me and I would've lost my mind if they followed me from there on out. I let out a sigh of relief . . .