71-80

---o---

   hey yall! i wanna apologize for not writing much bc me n my mom share the same laptop so... she uses it often for her work and i use it for schoolwork + writing. with that said, she's been busier than usual, so she uses the laptop more. bc of this, i can only use the laptop for my hw and the rest is for my mom's job. rlly sorry for not updating as much 😭 but OMG

    800+ READS!? you guys are amazing!! i love each n every single one of you !!! 💕 with that said, here's a chapter to make up for my absence!

---o---

   Looking around, I could see a vent on the right wall. Thinking quickly, I ripped off the vent's covering and climbed inside as fast as possible. I scooted myself to the very center of the vent, as far away from the entrances as possible. I listened in pure terror as the loud, vacuum-like scream of the green entity made its way through the rooms, mercilessly shattering all the lightbulbs to pieces. Suddenly, I could see it zoom by the vent from which I entered from, completely decimate some boarded doors, then zoom past the other entrance to the vent. Then, it backtracked, bouncing off the wall and making its way in the opposite direction. I stayed in that vent, pushing myself back as much as I could, almost to the point where I would've morphed with the vent's cold metal walls.

   I stayed in the pure darkness as I saw the fluorescent green and violet lights fill the room along with the scream, signaling its return. My eyes were glued to the zooming head as it passed back and forth between the rooms, all through the two entrances of the vent. By then, the lights were beyond repairable; shattered lightbulbs laying across the floor, shards scattered like seeds in a fertilized backyard. It must've been a while of this happening, as I could feel myself slipping into sleep until being suddenly awoken by the loud screaming of the haste entity. After bouncing back one more time, it finally never returned again. Thankful that I was still alive, I caught my breath and slowly climbed out of the vent, legs still shaking and arms still sweating. My back hurt from leaning so forcefully against the vent in a crouching position, but I didn't let it stop me from continuing.

   Entering Door 0072 was like a blessing disguised as a room. I checked the drawers and found some letters! They must've been written in a broken blue ink pen, as the words were smeared here and there. Trying to figure out what it was saying, I was able to make out the words, "Hoc iterum veniet". Not knowing what it meant, I crumbled it up and put it in my back pocket, next to the lockpick I had collected beforehand. I assumed it was another language like Russian or Latin, but I wasn't entirely sure. When I refer this room as a blessing, I didn't mean it like a mind-blowing clue or anything. I wouldn't have called this a blessing if I hadn't discovered a 'Latin to English' translation book in the next room.

   A small library was waiting for me beyond Door 0073. Realizing that the next door was behind a barrier, as expected, I groaned to myself as I began looking for the lever. Thank goodness it wasn't a key, at least. When I was searching for the lever in the small library, the dim light from above shined the golden letters of a book, catching my eyes' attention. Taking the heavy book out of the shelf, I read over the title. 'Latin to English Translation Guide'. Wow, how convenient! Sitting down on the floor, I opened up the book and began to search through the words. Looking at the smeared words, I flipped through numerous pages, trying to find the words that were poorly written on the sheet of paper. After maybe 15 minutes, I finally came across all 3 words needed. Putting the words' definitions together, I tried my best to figure out what the letters were trying to tell me. I eventually gave up, with the phrase, "The thing is coming again soon" as my final answer. (it was actually pretty close, but not quite)

   As I stood up to look for the lever, it was actually right in front of me! Pleasantly surprised, I pulled the orange plastic stick down, cringing slightly at the metal rubbing against each other. Shaking off the bits of orange paint that stuck onto my palm, I walked over to the now-opened barrier and walked through.