81-90

---o---

   hey guys! i'm back with yet another chapter :) we're nearing the end of the book, so prepare your tears and flowers and funeral clothing 😔 anyways, before we continue reading, I've got 3 honorable mentions! 

@colonelbolonga for giving me early hope in this book series! tysm for your comment :))

@Dhiathepotato ily for all your comments 😭💕 they're rlly fun to read and they motivate me a lot!

@HikariTheWriter the only person so far who sent me a personal message, n im very thankful for your kind and inspirational words! 🙏🏽 i hope you overcome all obstacles in writing :-)

   i have a bunch of others who deserve to get mentions, but I can't fit them all in the beginning so boohoo... so! let's get onto the book >:)

---o---

   I looked behind me, sweating bullets down my face. I stare intently at the floor, noticing how... clean it was. The wood looked freshly wiped down, with a beautiful carpet leading down the hallway. The chandeliers above me were still giving light, the candles slowly shrinking in size from the flames they carry. Suddenly, I began to feel the ground below me shaking a little bit. I watched from afar as a black mass appeared in the floor. It grew in size, filling up the majority of the floor. Then, a head emerged. Then its eye. Then the arms sprouted, pushing its torso out from the liquid mass. Soon, a leg was out, followed by another. Within a moment's notice, the creature is entirely out of the mass it had come from, which has now sunk back into the floor. Then, it started to sprint towards me.

   Seeing no other option, I swiftly turned around and pushed open the door. I was expecting fallen furniture and other obstacles to duck under like last time. Instead, I was surprised with an immediate game of pick-a-door. The familiar wall was blocking my way once again, forcing me to quickly run in a direction. The entity's terrifying roar startled me so badly that I was distracted from my original plan. Without thinking, I started running to my left, praying that it was the right door. But when I looked up, I saw the door boarded up. Freaking out, I tried to turn around only to see the inky creature running through the doorframe. I turned around and sprinted forward until I could see a door being brightly highlighted by a blue light. Running through, I was met with another choice of doors. I looked to my left and right, and saw no light. Thinking that the 3rd door in the back was the correct one, I sprinted around the mess of furniture, careful not to trip on anything sticking out. 

   Door 0083 was glowing brightly, and I swung it open and was forced to pick another door yet again. This went on for Doors 0084, 0085, 0086, and 0087. Eventually, I reached the long hallway once again. As I was about to run through, the windows suddenly exploded, sending any shards of glass everywhere, including my direction. I quickly took cover, placing my arms around my head, protecting it. I took a few shards to the arms and back but they weren't sever. Ignoring the stinging pain, and kept running with all my might, cleverly avoiding the giant hands which had now spawned from the windows, with their only goal being to grab and drag me into the dark abyss. 

   As I was running, I accidentally tripped on a broken piece of a wooden pillar, causing me to temporarily lose my balance. Upon trying to regain my balance, I accidentally stepped into the flames of a fallen chandelier, scalding my foot. I shrieked in agony, which was followed by the scream of the entity, who was closely behind me in pursuit. Refusing to die to the hideous creature, I got back up, ignoring my painful injuries all around my body, as I sprinted around the arms and fallen chandeliers. Soon, my way was blocked by the scorching flames. Seeing no other option, I quickly ran over to a nearby bookcase, and with some of the little strength and will to live that I had left, I pushed it over, causing the books to go flying with the shelf. I watched as it tumbled over the flames, granting me access to the next door. I looked around to see that the entity was only a few meters away from me, prompting me to turn around and run as fast as humanely possible. I used the fallen bookshelf as a bridge, seconds before it got consumed by the flames. The books most likely didn't make it either, as I could see shredded and burned pieces of ripped, crumbled, and teared pages fly in the air, the red lights illuminating the golden letters.