11-20

---o---

hey readers! the author, val, is back and i've brought another chapter with me! enjoy :-)

---o---

   As I exited the previous room, I opened the next room and met a closet blocking the way. After ducking down, the lights began to flicker once again. Thinking about my experience from last time, I ran to the nearest closet which . . . wasn't that far away. In fact, the whole room was actually nothing but closets. That was the least of my worries though, as the sound of lightbulbs breaking and the distorted scream of whatever the creature is was rapidly approaching. I climbed into a closet and waited for it to pass. I felt the room shake as it zoomed right past me, shattering the lightbulbs in the room to pieces. As I carefully exited the closet, I maneuvered my way through the dark room and into the next, which was left wide open for me to walk into. 

   The door, which had the number 0012 written on it, contained a room with a locked door. There was a room across from the door, so I entered it. I was met with an office-like room, with two chairs and a table, accompanied with a closet behind. As I explored the room, I could suddenly hear a glistening sound coming from . . . somewhere. It sounded like one of those sound effects a 2009 video would use for the kids' show. Whatever it was, it was most likely hinting as to where the key was coming from. And it was! As I opened the drawers in the table, I came across the key in the middle drawer. For some (probably) supernatural reason, it was emitting sparkles and it was the source of the glistening sound. Nonetheless, it was the key needed to open the next door, so I took it and unlocked the padlock. It fell to the floor, allowing me to continue. 

   Door 0013 was a pretty large area, with a bunch of bedrooms. Some rooms even had two doors connecting them! There was a giant pile of closets, tables, and other furniture piled on top of one another in the distance, but I wasn't about to try and climb over them. I found a door which lead down a hallway, which led me to the other side of the room, beyond the compilation of furniture. There, in front of me, was yet another locked door, which irritated me a little. So, I started looking in every drawer, hoping to run into the key. As I was searching, I collected a lot of gold coins, which were beginning to fill my pockets. However, I also found a lockpick! Deeming it as useful, I emptied out my left pocket a little bit and placed the lockpick in there, kept to be used later. As I searched through the drawers, I eventually heard that glistening sound again. Looking around intently, I managed to find the key rather quickly. With that, I was on my way to the door, and with a big twist, the padlock was on the floor, creaking open Door 0014.

   Door 0014 was just a long, brick hallway, with lights on the wall here and there. As I walked past them, I couldn't help but feel like this whole thing is a giant operation made by an organization to study how humans react to situations like this. It was sickening to think about, but what could I do? I am stuck in a seemingly never-ending hotel, with my only hope being forward. During this walk, I also thought about my family and friends. They are definitely worried about my whereabouts, and I'm most likely considered a missing person back at home. I missed waking up to my alarm and forcing myself to get ready for school, but then be happy when my mom makes me my favorite breakfast. I miss my dad talking non-stop about how much he loved sports. I miss my little sisters, who would always play around with me. I miss hanging out with my friends, talking trash about other people in another language. I miss my life before this hell. But I'm most definite that whoever made me participate in this does not give two damns about how I feel about this situation. 

   I was so lost into my own thoughts that I didn't realized that I'd already reached Door 0015. When I entered the room, I was met with a dark room. And I mean really dark. It was so hard to see that I kept crashing into furniture. I was pretty scared, and was shaking profusely. With my sense of touch, I felt my way through the room, only to crash into another pile of furniture. Getting up and dusting myself off, I went to the right and pushed open a double door. As I continued to feel my way around, I came across a table. I opened up the top part of it and discovered a lighter! I took it and started the flame, relieved to have found a light source. I noticed that there was also a typewriter sitting on top of a drawer, which I found quite peculiar. As I checked through the drawers, I came across another lockpick, which I happily stuffed in my left pocket. When I opened the next drawer, however, I was met with something else . . . a spider. When I pulled open the drawer, a small spider suddenly jumped on my face, which somehow left a small paper cut on my forehead. I immediately flailed around, trying to get it off my face. (which it did, rather easily) Frightened by what just happened, I decided I was going to get out of this dark room.