41-50

---o---

hey guys... sorry for not uploading any chapters lately 😭 ive been rlly unmotivated and busy this week, so i couldnt find time to write... ok fine i was procrastinating. but, i have free time atm so im gonna continue this story!!

---o---

   After steadying my breath and regaining my senses, I looked around the room and saw that it was pretty... bland. Regular wallpaper, wooden floor, some lights on the walls, and a few drawers on my right. The simple, generic decoration of more than half of these rooms. As I got back on my feet, I continued on with my journey. That is. . . until I realized that my pockets felt a little. . . light. I quickly checked my pockets to see that a lot of gold had fallen out, and I was missing my lockpick! I groaned to myself in frustration, as I was planning to use it in the next room with a padlock. Rather annoyed, I continued onto Door 0041.

   Pushing open the door, strange music began to play. All of a sudden, the room was engulfed with a florescent violet light. Then, I could see that something black emerged from thin air . . . and an eye spawned in. Then another . . . and another . . . and another. Soon, a bunch of eyes, ranging from size and color, were clustered together in the form of a giant eye. As I watched them stare at me, I suddenly began to feel extreme pain. This feeling was something I had never felt before. It was like pain . . . but more agonizing. It was as though my whole body had been brutally crushed and flattened by a garbage compressor. The pain was so unbearable that I collapsed onto the floor and shut my eyes, which have now filled with tears. As soon as my eyelids shut, the pain stopped. In a heartbeat, the excruciating pain went away, leaving no trace of its existence anywhere. No aching, no discomfort. Putting two and two together, I concluded that because it was shaped like eyes, it probably didn't want me to look at it, hence the sharp pain in my body.

   Not wanting to test whether or not my theory was correct, I shuffled the opposite direction and opened my eyes again, facing the previous room where I narrowly escaped death. I got on my feet again and very slowly walked around the creature, trying to get past it without looking at the thing . . . or things. While I was scooting inch by inch, I could hear it whispering things to me in a deep, distorted voice. It sounded like multiple voices saying incoherent things in a language I was unable to understand. Along with the voices was the strange urge to look at it. I don't know why . . . but I felt like . . . I had to look at it. It seemed so . . . mesmerizing . . . pretty . . . yet, it wasn't. It's another entity in this hotel. It could kill me. . . . yet . . . it's so- NO. I wasn't going to fall victim to a bunch of eyes. With that reality check, I successfully won the fight against my urge to look at it and got past the cluster of eyes. As I celebrated in my head, I walked hastily towards the door, expecting it to open automatically like it usually does. However, I walked straight into cold wood. I backed away from the door in pain and realized that it had a padlock. 

   This place really wanted to mock me for losing my lockpick, doesn't it? I was so mad that I kicked the door, half-expecting it to break into two. Instead, I just hurt my left foot. I turned around me to see that the creature had now disappeared, and it took its violet glow with it. With a sigh of relief, I entered a room across the locked door. Inside was a small desk with some drawers and a twin-sized bed. I looked around and could hear the glistening sound of the keys somewhere. As I continued searching for the key, I eventually found it on the floor. Picking it up, I brought it to the door and unlocked it, the thump of the padlock nearly hitting my feet. 

   Door 0042 led to a small library room. It was rather dark, but I was still able to navigate without trouble. When I reached the other side of the labyrinth of bookshelves, I realized that the familiar diamond-patterned barrier was preventing access to the next room. I began to look around the room, and I eventually found the lever. I pulled it down, and with some metal clashing and the sound of something unlocking, I walked back to the barrier and saw it wide open, allowing access to the door ahead.